Thread View

Woodworking_Hobby

On 4/9/2021 at 8:44 AM, Woodworking_Hobby said:

Is there a setting so when you look at threads that are long (e.g. what came in the mail today) so it starts with the newest comments and does not start at the beginning of the thread?

Thanks! 

I've wondered the same thing thanks for asking, and thanks @Chestnut for making me feel old and technologically inadequate..... just kidding usually when I'm trying to figure something out on the computer I call my 18 yr old granddaughter but, then I have to take verbal abuse from her LOL. 

On 4/10/2021 at 2:49 PM, Chestnut said:

I use GIMP or paint. There is a way to do it on a phone too just never done it.

If you're using Windows, you can use the Snipping Tool (SnippingTool.exe). It let's you capture a part of the screen and then draw on it. Finally you can save the image or copy it to the clipboard.

The app is part of Windows, no need to install anything. If you don't see a shortcut for the app, press the Start key, type snipping tool, and then press Enter.

Yes, Windows 10 still has Snipping Tool.

It also has a new similar tool, Snip & Sketch, that you can activate by pressing Shift+Win+S. After you select the part of the screen you want to capture, you have the option of marking it up, saving it, copying it, etc.

Eventually Snipping Tool will be retired and Snip & Sketch will fully take over, but for now it is still around.

Snipping tool is interesting but i see it as the same as using paint for speed etc, but paint has been universal on windows machines since 1995.

Alt + Print Screen takes a screen shot of the selected window, this is universal across most operating systems I've used also. I like using GIMP because keyboard shortcuts. Windows programs and devoid of useful keyboard shortcuts it's frustrating. Which is odd because windows operating system has a TON of awesome keyboard shortcuts.

I have a shortcut to the snipping tool on my taskbar and since 99.99% of the time I only need to capture a part of the screen and not the entire screen or window, I've found it to be the quickest and easiest way to do it. But YMMV.

Capture.JPG.a0876fbb9bb76b53be5db97590ad0989.JPG

BTW I've always used better alternatives to Paint, Notepad and other legacy programs, even on Win 3.1  :D