Road trip

Gary Beasley

I'm going out on a limb, and saying just about everything on that route is worth seeing! Honestly, I've never driven that particular bit of roadway, but used to spend a lot of weekends driving the Blue Ridge parkway. There is no lack of wonderful scenery in those mountains, but as for attractions other that natural ones, I wouldn't expect too much. 

I was in that area in 2017 for the solar eclipse. The lake at Indian boundary is quite pretty. Huckleberry Knob was very popular for the eclipse. Bald river Falls was very pretty and would be great with fall colors. The creek the road follows to bald river falls was also a good drive gave some great views of the creek. I also thought Fontana Dam was worth the drive but that is off of the tail of the dragon not the Cherohala Skyway.

Hope your not in a hurry. The roads are very windy, it took 3 hours to go 40 miles as the crow flies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

So this is TN? Looks like an awesome place for a convertible road trip

Part of the road is in TN part is in NC. It is a great place for a road trip with a topless sports car. I loved driving the roads in my WRX, Megan on the other hand got somewhat sick of my driving. I'd love to go back there by myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coinciding with Drew’s trip as well, I’m jealous of the water falls. Still on my short bucket list is to see one. On the three opportunities that I’ve had, there was no water flowing. One was at Fall Creek Falls State Park in Tennessee that @Spankytook my wife and I to see. You would think with a name like that but no, just barely a trickle. He did take us to another area where we could see from a distance, discharge water from a power plant flowing over some rocks. Hope you guys continue to enjoy your trips. 

10 hours ago, Coop said:

Coinciding with Drew’s trip as well, I’m jealous of the water falls. Still on my short bucket list is to see one. On the three opportunities that I’ve had, there was no water flowing. One was at Fall Creek Falls State Park in Tennessee that @Spankytook my wife and I to see. You would think with a name like that but no, just barely a trickle. He did take us to another area where we could see from a distance, discharge water from a power plant flowing over some rocks. Hope you guys continue to enjoy your trips. 

Late spring is the best time. Water is usually flowing a lot more that time of year.

Niagra falls is easy and accessible, wait until it's easier to go to Canada, and bring your passport. The view is much better from our northern neighbor's side. Then take a trip to lee valley.

• Like 2