Epic shaker blanket chest

mdbuilder

This is coming together quickly. So is your one leg vise adjustable or sliding? I like that setup but how do you account for different width work pieces?

Can you come to my shop and help keep me this motivated. I'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of things.

On 10/8/2021 at 8:08 AM, Chestnut said:

This is coming together quickly. So is your one leg vise adjustable or sliding? I like that setup but how do you account for different width work pieces?

Can you come to my shop and help keep me this motivated. I'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of things.

Yes, the left vise is fixed and the right one slides along the whole width of the bench if you need it too. You can lift it up a half inch and remove it as well. The bottom rail of the bench has a 45 degree chamfer front and back so it is an upside down V shaped. The bottom of the vise chop that slides (back chop) has a V cut in it to mate. The top has a rabbit which mates with a groove in the underside of the top. I'll snap a few pics tonight.