Sideboard TV Stand

legenddc

On 2/22/2022 at 6:45 AM, curlyoak said:

Please crank the tilt wheel to the stop, when it cant go anymore. Then make a cut and measure with your square. Also is your square true? Strike a line with your square on a freshly jointed edge. Then flip the square 180 and see if the square is true.

I will mess with it more tonight hopefully. The squares are square, I tested them doing as you suggested previously and no issue. I'm wondering if maybe the ZCI is messing things up. Will run some test boards and figure it out. Between ensuring the blade is actually at 90*, the ZCI and testing a different blade I'm hoping I can figure something out.

To get a better registration i take my insert plate out and measure down into the cabinet. With the blade up you only get the 3" at best of exposed blade to reference. Going down you could easily reference 6" or so of the saw plate.

Not my idea I got this from someone I can't remember who.

• 9 months later...
On 12/15/2022 at 10:11 PM, legenddc said:
  • Install an electrical outlet 3' higher for the TV
  • Run by my parent's house to put a coffee table top and bottom through my dad's drum sander (could have used this at the start of the TV stand)
  • Grocery store
  • Library to get the 3D printed Apple TV mount to hide all TV related cables
  • Paint the wall the TV stand is going on (twice?)
  • 1-2 more coats on the bottom
  • Make/finish door stops
  • Figure out how to secure the legs to the top

Kids are done at school at 3:30 so I'm in for a busy day.

Looks like week, not a day....

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 9:05 AM, gee-dub said:

That seems to happen as I get older.  I now need to make shorter lists to avoid tragic depression :lol:

I was beginning to get nervous for retirement! Then I remembered it’s 30 years away. 

Daughter seems fine, tested negative for COVID, and is running around the house. She wanted to build a Home Depot kids kit but the TV stand is still covering the shop. 

Managed to get a coat on the bottom of the TV stand and cut the hole in the wall for the outlet. 

• Like 1

legenddc,

Stay with your list. It is a good list. But do not put any schedule or date on it. Take each chore as it comes and when you take one off the list, stop and take a breath before going to next. If you got it all done today what would you do tomorrow.  You do good work! Thanks for sharing. Building for you daughter will be fun.

• Like 1

@legenddc, curious as to what your decision was to mount the tv to the wall instead of resting on the top of the entertainment center? 
My original idea was to mount mine on the wall but after I finished mine, I rested in on top and has been there for a couple of weeks now with no regrets. My thoughts that mounting it would give me room on top of the center for family pics. Like to hear your reason.