Air compressor

Askland09

On 1/24/2022 at 6:25 PM, Tom King said:

I've never heard of acclimating an air compressor

I’m not sure it really is a thing or not? I just need it inside to do some trim work in the bathroom but don’t want to burn the motor out or cause enough pressure from it expanding too cause a crack or anything. Or it’s quite possible I’m overthinking it. 

I had a dewalt 4 gal compressor it wouldn't start on cold days, if I was going to use it I would bring it in the house the night before. Or I would heat up the shop and check it every once in while it seems to me it would warm up enough in about 1-2 hrs your mileage my vary. My new compressor doesn't seem to mind the cold.

My compressor is in an unheated garage, I have an overhead heater that I use when working in there, the only issue I have is condensation in the tank from it going to cold to warm every day, I pump it up and pull the tank drain and let it blow off to get rid of the water in the tank but it runs every day no problem 

• Like 1

I'd say 27.63 seconds. That's about how long it'd take me to walk from my garage door to where I was using the compressor, to set it down, and plug it in. You may need more or less time depending on the distance from your garage to your work space. Also some more time if you have to unplug around 50 cell phone chargers because your wife is obsessed with having 2 in every outlet.

I wouldn't worry about it. Drain the water in the take and put it to work. They heat up when they run so the temperature change from cold to work is probably designed for.

On 1/24/2022 at 8:06 PM, treeslayer said:

My compressor is in an unheated garage, I have an overhead heater that I use when working in there, the only issue I have is condensation in the tank from it going to cold to warm every day, I pump it up and pull the tank drain and let it blow off to get rid of the water in the tank but it runs every day no problem 

^^^ This.