My best bowl ever

Dave H

@Mark J thanks Mark hey I see your from Chicago I'm just wondering did you know Roger Turner he was a member here and, a very talented wood worker from the Chicago area. He passed away 2/3 years ago he was a friend of mine and a very interesting guy I'm just wondering if you knew of him?

On 2/8/2022 at 6:00 AM, Mark J said:

I belong to a couple of "wood clubs", so it's possible we crossed paths at some point, but the name is not familiar.  

Speaking of clubs, are you familiar with segmentedwoodturners.org?

No I haven't I will check into it everything I've done on my lathe is by trial and error (You Tube is my friend )thanks mark. Oh you would remember Roger if you met him I never met him personally but, met him in a live chat forum that used to be affiliated with wood talk forum, he did live streams on the live chat forum. Mostly lathe related but, whatever he was working on at the time. He would answer any question you had, and me being me asked more questions than a two year old and that's how we became friends. He was a great guy when I bought my first lathe he gave me some great advice on turning showed me some interesting tricks and, tips.