The Move Is Started.....

Robby W

Remember that Allied will (should) tag every box or item that gets put on the truck and list a description and condition of the item. Some teams will be good about this and some will be lazy. Make sure they are accurate or else a claim will be difficult to file later if there is an issue. 

Hope your journey goes well! Let’s get together once you’re here.

• 5 months later...

That's the joy of using a bonded and insured mover; they pay for all that stuff.  Wow, San Marcos to NC . . . talk about a culture shock.  It is always exciting setting up shop in new digs.  You get to apply all the things you've learned to the new space.  A little time in the shop will help blot out the experience with the movers I hope.

• Like 1

I was just wondering how it was going for you. Sorry it’s been so rocky!

For the damaged furniture, file a damage claim. They’ll send out a furniture repair company to quote the repair. They’ll give a quote of many hundreds of dollars to fix and the moving company will pay you that amount. You then use the money to buy new tools and fix the furniture yourself. 

We had a cheap coffee table damaged in our move. The company quoted almost $400 to stain and replace a 2x18x3/4 pine board. I did it for the cost of a small jar of stain and kept the money. 

Our move was similar, Redlands CA to Norfolk VA. I’m impressed that your stuff arrived so quickly. Ours took 2-3 weeks.