Sideboard for the Dining Room

gee-dub

2 hours ago, gee-dub said:

Thanks guys.  I forgot to say "ya gotta love a sharp card scraper :)".

1488785719_Sideboard(176).thumb.jpg.a4ce685a0e7915a5da447d58a989b136.jpg

Under appreciated by people who don’t have one, I have 2 and a sharp one will do things other tools can’t do, used mine today to clean up some burn marks on soft maple 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 9:50 AM, Chet said:

Some really useful jigs Glenn.  The edge sander is something I would have liked to have but lacking the room, it will remain forever on the wish list.

The first time I did this was on the Ridgid EB4424 that I used to store on a shelf when not in use.  It only weighs 40 lbs.

On 5/3/2023 at 11:47 AM, pkinneb said:

OK I thought I had one of every clamp known to man but apparently not :) What are those? They look very useful.

Sorry @pkinneb I missed this.  They are face frame clamps.  They used to be used en masse by the kitchen and bath folks. I do not know if this is still the case.

• Thanks 1

The pull blank is band sawn to approximate shape to minimize the sander's effort.

Out of curiosity, any reason you use the trammel with the sander and not the bandsaw?

I would have made the jig for the bandsaw and used a sander to clear up the cut. Perhaps just because I don't have a sander close to your edge sander? TIA.