Bookmarks

Coop

I’ve exposed my lack of IT knowledge on here before so it’s much easier for me to do so again. :unsure: I’ve heard of bookmarks but have never used it and maybe that’s not the route I need to take? 100% of my participation on here is done on an iPad. There have been many threads on here that I would have liked to have access to later on and have resorted to going back to the original poster (if I could remember who it was ) and asking them for the link. If I wanted to refer back to @gee-dub current thread, “Sideboards” at a later date, how would I do that, not only saving it somewhere but obviously accessing it somehow? 

@Coop, I don't use Apple products much, but the Safari browser on iPad may use the term 'Favorites' in place of bookmarks. Many browsers include a star icon in the address bar, which you can tap to add the currently displayed web page to your 'Favorites' or 'Bookmarks' list.

Aha, Google tells me that in Safari, tap the 'Share' icon, then select 'add to favorites'.

• Like 1

If you have a google email account, they have a web application called Keep. I use it all the time to make notes to myself or document or store information. It is accessible from a web browser or phone app so you can get to it from anything. The main reason I like it is because it's good for lists. It has check boxes so you can make a to do list and check stuff off.

Aside from organizing link it can be a really good tool for projects. Make a to do list and then check the items off as you complete them. Though i feel like this is more of a pen and paper crowd. Just thought I'd share.

Oh you can also share the lists with other people. Megan and I have a shared shopping list so both of us can add to it.

• Like 2

Wife and I have been using Keep for several years. Just have to remember to tick off the items bought once its been procured. We keep separate lists for different types of stores, I have a Home Depot list to remind me what I need when I go there as well. I also use it to keep notes on specs like filter sizes and parts for the mower and chainsaw that get ordered on a semi regular basis. Another list just to jot down harebrained ideas I want to follow up on at a later date.

It's so easy to change that it makes it really easy to miss. Let me know if this doesn't make sense and I can take some screenshots later or find you a video.

• Tap Edit (lower-right).
    If unavailable, ensure that the Bookmarks tab Bookmark icon (upper-left) is selected.
  • Tap the bookmark.
  • Enter the appropriate info into the following fields then tap 
    done
    • Title
    • Address