podcasts

Don't miss Spoken Wood, and Matt's Basement Workshop has an MP3 version if I'm not mistaken. Matt can verify. But you are right. Woodworking audio shows don't stick around long. The only ones still going are the ones that started it all. Sup with dat?

I do listen to spoken wood as well. Im just suprised ther isnt more out there then there is. It's nice to listen to these when im in the shop. There have been a few good ones and then they go bye bye?!?!

Well good news for you audio lovers. I just started an experimental show called Board Meetings. Its a very simple format: recorded conversations between me and a few Guild members. Its not scripted in any way so its a completely different pace that Wood Talk Online. If the response is good, I might make it a regular thing. Check it out: http://thewoodwhisperer.com/board-meetings-1/

I should also drop a hint about another side project Matt and I are cooking up. We plan on starting that up around May.

I listen to the audio stuff at work, as we are allowed individual MP3 players to make the work more bearable. (10 hour shifts on weekends.) Can't do video, as I push a lot of paper across the desk and need to pay attention to minor details. (a single check mark, no more than 4 square millimeters, can be an error.)

I'd like to think that many people got scared off by the quality of what's already out there for audio only, so they felt they needed to jump to video. Then again, I think I got spoiled by my first two podcast selections (Marc and Matt, in that order), so anything else I listen to has a very high mark to hit to impress me.

Thank you to everyone for the very nice comments! And the top secret project Marc alluded to will blow your minds...or at least be something to kill a few minutes.

I have a feeling a lot of hosts are concerned they just can't get across in words what a few seconds of video can convey, but I think we've proven you can. Also, a lot of people are worried about their recording equipment and editing. I've found, just like with learning to create specific joinery, all it takes is a little practice.

One little thing I do with all of the video episodes out there, I either rip them into mp3 files in GarageBand or just cover my screen with a sticky note/tuck it in my pocket, etc and listen as if it's audio only.

Marc and Shannon do an amazing job in their presentations on video so well, it does translate to audio only!

Thanks again folks!

Thank you to everyone for the very nice comments! And the top secret project Marc alluded to will blow your minds...or at least be something to kill a few minutes.

I have a feeling a lot of hosts are concerned they just can't get across in words what a few seconds of video can convey, but I think we've proven you can. Also, a lot of people are worried about their recording equipment and editing. I've found, just like with learning to create specific joinery, all it takes is a little practice.

One little thing I do with all of the video episodes out there, I either rip them into mp3 files in GarageBand or just cover my screen with a sticky note/tuck it in my pocket, etc and listen as if it's audio only.

Marc and Shannon do an amazing job in their presentations on video so well, it does translate to audio only!

Thanks again folks!

Can i use my i- phone?????

• 2 weeks later...

A little late replying but I listen to Marc & Shannon's videos on my iPhone. I start to play the file then hit the home button. This then keeps the audio playing but no video is displayed.

Works like a charm!

LOL!! Are you saying they really have great faces for radio?!? LOL ;o)