What did you get for XMas here in 2011.

jab73180

What did you all get for christmas this year??? i got a nice lil type 6 #3 smoother. the only defect is a chip in the back of the mouth. Other than that it is nice!!

I also got a cabelas gift card, but thats not wood working related. I dint get much but the big thing was making sure my daughter had a good day.

I got this http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Illustrated-Furniture-Cabinet-Construction/dp/1561584029/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324883947&sr=8-1 which is pretty awesome, and my wife authorized me to get a new table saw since my old one I got off craiglist finally bit the dust. So it was a good Christmas.

The bad news? My shop is full of amazon.com boxes and other Christmas debris until the recycling guy comes.

My wife's mom had her other kids in town so I with my wife got to be with my parents out of town for Christmas. This is the very best gift as our parents won't be around forever.

I got a 30 $ Woodcraft card from my son.

My daughter MADE me a carry case for my two tracks for my TS55. It is so cool. Pockets for the clamps, stops, and connecting bars.

I will put up pics when I get back home. Just so nice. My daughter got her degree in fashion design and can really sew.

Visiting my parents, and a thoughtful handmade gift. Wow, the best. Helps you remember it's not about the money.

post-2115-0-16550700-1325135106_thumb.jp

I bought myself some books on sale from PW. Southern Furniture and one on Shaker Style furniture. The big money went for new boots (Lowe ... the Italians make the best boots) I needed for hiking Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa and a super work jacket. For clothes Iike Mountain Hardware but Montbell had better reviews.

I am now going to get a diamond stone to keep flat my sharpening stones.

Trip to Southern Maryland to visit and introduce Son #2 to the family. Both sisters and three nieces made Christmas extra special. It's a whole other experience with a herd of kids!

Woodworking-wise...the big present was having the basement wall added to create the workshop space earlier this year. My parents got me the Lee Valley miniature router plane and shoulder plane. Very neat tools and should come in handy with some of the small box designs I've been kicking around.