new toy!

rodger.

Getting a new router is such a great feeling.  :)

As I mentioned on a router table post, I have 4 routers (two have plates for use in my router table), and want two more (Festool), as well as the Festool router table.

Routers to me are like clamps -- you can never have enough.

When you get to 28, you have to attend a class.  I'm planning to get to 27 and then cull some out.

I was bit perturbed by this as well. I didn't want to shell out more cash to buy into their proprietary system. But now that I have, I really like quick change bushings - def worth the cost! The adaptor was 8 dollars, and the whole collection of bushings (with a threaded adaptor for PC bushings) was 30 dollars.

I'll include it in my upcoming review.

• 1 month later...

Getting a new router is such a great feeling.  :)

As I mentioned on a router table post, I have 4 routers (two have plates for use in my router table), and want two more (Festool), as well as the Festool router table.

Routers to me are like clamps -- you can never have enough.

Reminds me of an old episode of New Yankee Workshop. Kevin is helping Norm with a project and they need a different router bit. Kevin asked where the wrenches were and Norm replied "Kevin we don't change bits we chage routers" while pointing at his shelf of 2 dozen routers.

Reminds me of an old episode of New Yankee Workshop. Kevin is helping Norm with a project and they need a different router bit. Kevin asked where the wrenches were and Norm replied "Kevin we don't change bits we chage routers" while pointing at his shelf of 2 dozen routers.

Nice. 

I worry how long Tom, Norm and the gang will be able to carry on with 'This Old House'.  The bright side would be seeing the seasons I missed growing up but that can always wait.   

Congrats on the new edition to the family, Pug.