Kitchen Remodel

..Kev

Just now, shaneymack said:

Looks great! What did you do for counters? What thickness are they?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Silestone.  I think they're 2" on the edges but, probably 1 1/2 thru the middle.

Just now, shaneymack said:

Looked thinner to me in the picture thats why i was surprised.

Yes, JT, 1.5" is standard here as well.

Thought I was talking to my wife ;)

6 minutes ago, toddclippinger said:

Looks like a great upgrade, I'd hire ya!;)

Pretty sure the wife was ready to fire me during that one!  As I could only work weekends on it, we had plywood counter tops for quite a while and I heard about it constantly!  We did use the kitchen all the way thru the remodel. 

• Like 1

Just now, mat60 said:

Glad its done I bet then..:)

I didn't want to do it in the first place..  I tried to just leave it and sell..  Wife's idea so, that was my comeback every time I heard about the plywood counter tops!

So I"m going to steal all your inner drawer workings. That is some snazzy stuff. I mean, I'll steal the ideas if the wife likes. 

I'm actually flipping back and forth between making a knife block type thing and buying one for my Wusthoff knives. Since they are so nice I kind of want to get the one with the logo on it and all.

6 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Looked thinner to me in the picture thats why i was surprised.

Yes JT, 1.5" is standard here as well.

Are you advertising your new sleeve tat with your new avatar?  At least it's honest!

4 minutes ago, sjeff70 said:

Hey Tiods,

Under the sink, how did you get that beadboard around the plumbing?  Is there a fitting where it comes out from the cabinet?

Thanks for the pics, looks great.

Worked out kind of funny to be honest.  When I was trying to figure it out, I was just going to cut the bead board larger and add some sort of decorative ring.  When I got my hands in there to start taking some measurements, I noticed the elbow was loose and never glued in.  So, I removed the elbow, used a hole saw to cut the bead board, and reinstalled the elbow.

Also, the "bead board" is individual 3" T&G pieces. 

• Like 1

On June 3, 2016 at 8:26 PM, TIODS said:

Thought I was talking to my wife ;)

Pretty sure the wife was ready to fire me during that one!  As I could only work weekends on it, we had plywood counter tops for quite a while and I heard about it constantly!  We did use the kitchen all the way thru the remodel. 

I know what you mean, a few years ago I was remodeling our bathroom while working on clients at the same time. So that meant I was working in the evenings and it took about a month...I think Rita would say 5 weeks. 

We had a porta potty here at the house and we were taking showers down the street at the KOA. 

But, in my defense, the more we tore into things, the more we found needed work and the project kept growing. In the end we also replaced all the supply line plumbing to the house and added electric heat in the tile floor. 

Nobody is complaining now!

• Like 1