Pocket hole jig station

duckkisser

I have a pocket hole jig and a dove tail jig I want to make some kind of station for building joints with but it seems like most people just clamp it down to a work bench when they need it and put it away when there done. Anyone seen a joint cuting station designed for these two jigs that will be in a permanent location. 

My kreg is mounted to a board with a strip that supports the infeed and outfeed sides so a larger part can be drilled without tipping. It's about 3 ft wide. I use the master kreg jig with the vac attached. We clamp it to the bench to use it and store it on a shelf the rest of the time.

Hows the new house coming along ? Still doing the high school shop gig ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wdwerker said:

My kreg is mounted to a board with a strip that supports the infeed and outfeed sides so a larger part can be drilled without tipping. It's about 3 ft wide. I use the master kreg jig with the vac attached. We clamp it to the bench to use it and store it on a shelf the rest of the time.

Hows the new house coming along ? Still doing the high school shop gig ?

House is coming along slow but Shirley seems like as soon as I start making headway something else happens.  

The school got rid of the shop so I'm in a different classroom. So one more school that gave up on teaching kids what they can actuly use in life. Does not matter most of them can't read let alone do algebra, history, science....hell I ask them to name the earths land masses and they start naming countries.  So instead of expanding the program to teach skills like motors, plumbing, electrical, drywall ect they get rid of it so they can cram more kids onto the property and get more money.......... Feel like we don't teach or help the kids anymore we just house them and collect a paycheck from the state.  Sigh........guess I'm more bitter then I thought.  

I

I keep finding those portable one but I want a permanent workbench

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, duckkisser said:

House is coming along slow but Shirley seems like as soon as I start making headway something else happens.  

The school got rid of the shop so I'm in a different classroom. So one more school that gave up on teaching kids what they can actuly use in life. Does not matter most of them can't read let alone do algebra, history, science....hell I ask them to name the earths land masses and they start naming countries.  So instead of expanding the program to teach skills like motors, plumbing, electrical, drywall ect they get rid of it so they can cram more kids onto the property and get more money.......... Feel like we don't teach or help the kids anymore we just house them and collect a paycheck from the state.  Sigh........guess I'm more bitter then I thought.  

I

I keep finding those portable one but I want a permanent workbench

Duck, glad to see you're still around. Without getting political, couldn't agree with you more. Good luck buddy! Hell, what was the original question?

7 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Duck, glad to see you're still around. Without getting political, couldn't agree with you more. Good luck buddy! Hell, what was the original question?

Looking for a joint jig station for doing pocket holes and dovetails for my two jigs then the can just walk over and start cuting rather then seting it up before I cut

10 hours ago, duckkisser said:

House is coming along slow but Shirley

LOL

post-41414-I-am-serious-and-dont-call-me

Sorry Duck, guess I don't get what you're asking.  If you have the space to dedicate to those jigs, dedicate it.  Set the dovetail jig in one spot, and the Kreg jig in another.  Problem solved. ?:huh:?

• Like 2

A good flip top can solve many problems.  Dad is still using one I used for years.  I could see a dovetail jig / pocket hole jig combo being a good fit for this method.  My same table did CMS and planer duty:

fliptop1.jpg

When the CMS failed to earn it keep a sander took over:

fliptop-2009 sander view.jpg

Dad now runs a spindle sander on one side and his DW735 planer on the other.  This was one of the best uses of a weekend build I think I ever did.  It has been in use in one way or another for years.