BenchCrafted Shaker Style Workbench

Llama

Eric,

Yep, It's 8/4. I have to add some material for the vise installation.

I should add that for the Shaker bench, the front apron does need to be at least a full 4 inches. It can be more, but doesn't need to be. And the other side for the other metal runner needs an added piece to match.

I am painting it, but it won't be blue! As for the drawers, oh forget it. I give up. lol :)

Eric,

Yep, It's 8/4. I have to add some material for the vise installation.

I am painting it, but it won't be blue! As for the drawers, oh forget it. I give up. lol :)

I think poor Mel has caught enough crap about drawers he's confused...  ;)

The shakers embraced the use of power tools. I thought this was interesting. Don't feel bad that you have machines in your shop Mel, you can admit that you use them now :)

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/57920/inside-the-shaker-workshop

Even before the Shakers the woodworkers used dimensioned lumber that was stored in the shop. They didn't go out and hack down a tree in the morning and have a table in a few days :)

In all reality, those Shakers were pretty cutting edge people. It's easy to think they were behind the times because how long ago it was.

It's no secret that I prefer hand tools. But I'm not ripping a board by hand. :) Life's too short buddy.

No ,Just following the link. You just keep up the good work tho. I notice the draw that could be used as a quick sharpining set up stationwith a few licks and then put back into the draw. Cool. your project is looking great. cant wait to see the out come when you are finished. 

John

• Like 1

In the shop a little today. Decided to get my front apron ready to go. I started with a board that was a decent width. It had a smile... Like a half moon type thing happening.. I got close with my TS and did the rest by hand to flatten it out. Well, I'm still out here, maybe I'll get something done today other than fix the boards I should have taken a closer look at a few days ago!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image