BenchCrafted Shaker Style Workbench

Llama

Just caught up on this thread. Looking very nice !

I have a stack of thin drawers in my shop that are indispensable ! The quicker you can get the tool you need the quicker you get back to work. I am going to add dividers and make dedicated slots for measuring and layout tools as well as edge tools. I lucked into 2 metal cabinets intended for architectural drawings so there is less than 3" clearance in each drawer.

If you have other places to store small tools then pull out shelves on full extension slides makes access easier. Ask for slides with over travel ,they come out an extra inch or so.

All kidding aside, things are going great along the way Mel.  How easy was the leg vise with glide to set up?

Thanks! 

It's not done yet, but so far it's not bad at all. Pretty easy actually. I need to install the flange, which means drilling and tapping holes for the bolts that hold it on. There is not alot of room in there to work... I'll get it all together tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Feel better brother.  Health is worth more than even wood ;)

Thanks bud, :) 

Good news is I am feeling alot better than I did earlier in the week. 

How wide do the plans call for the vise chop?  General thoughts on width of these vises by anyone?

Tom, I can check on the plans, but mine is around 6" wide.