BenchCrafted Shaker Style Workbench

Llama

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Update time!

I have a build coming up, and the client stated that she wants the drawers to be on Blum soft close slides. I took the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of these things on my bench. Yes, that means I added drawers. I still need to add the fronts, but this is how it sits right now. I plan on adding some dividers once I figure out where I want everything to live. This is good for now. The action on these drawers is amazing! Even with the drawer full of planes, it was super smooth!

10888652_10205685805812595_7316340654072

10897835_10205685805972599_4713205745818

10897884_10205685805892597_5234478896850

• Like 1

Nice addition! If that knuckle lever cap block plane in the second pic is a Sargent, then I have the same model. I don't have quite as many Lie-Nielsens though  ;)

the knuckle is a Sweetheart Stanley I picked up a few months ago at a antique mall. It's a great plane! 

Mel is a complex man. A man that skillfully hand crafts a bench with the finestest material and hardware then fits butt jointed and screwed drawers with the most expensive drawer slides money can buy. A man that looks angry in all his photos, but would sooner hand you a wooden reindeer than put a butt whooping on you. A man who is endearingly referred to as Llama by his lovely bride and unabashedly takes on this name as a forum handle. This man refuses to conform to society norms and eschews your mild ribbing. Yes, Mel is a complex man.

• Like 2

Mel is a complex man. A man that skillfully hand crafts a bench with the finestest material and hardware then fits butt jointed and screwed drawers with the most expensive drawer slides money can buy. A man that looks angry in all his photos, but would sooner hand you a wooden reindeer than put a butt whooping on you. A man who is endearingly referred to as Llama by his lovely bride and unabashedly takes on this name as a forum handle. This man refuses to conform to society norms and eschews your mild ribbing. Yes, Mel is a complex man.

• Like 1