Moving an entire shop !

wdwerker

Sir ? Thanks for making me feel old ! 

RichardA drove down from Tenn. and lent a hand yesterday . We had a good time and got a lot done. We finished unloading the loft across the back end of the shop and pulled all the screws in the floor. I finally got a key to the new space so we took a load over and checked out where stuff was going to fit.

• Like 2

We got another UHaul and managed to move one of the pallet racks along with the plywood and all of the long lumber.

image.thumb.jpeg.7d1fbaf527c25943baf11d1

I remember that space........  In moving my shop these last two weeks, I don't envy you..  I wish I could get back down there to give a hand....  I don't think it'll happen.

We put up a deck over the plywood rack today. That gives us a 15' wide X 16' deep area to store hardwood  flat where we can flip and sort thru the piles of different woods.  It's barely 6' to the roof deck and we can't stack lumber much higher than 3' high but that should be plenty.

i will take some pictures tomorrow. We worked till almost 7 pm today.

image.thumb.jpeg.66f923bec438e5c5e1b40b8image.thumb.jpeg.d092137dcac5fcdff0c00d2image.thumb.jpeg.4170b7fcd3fc2b2af8644e9

We extended the loft over the front office and carpeted it so lumber would slide without getting scratched and scuffed. 2nd pic shows the carpeted loft with the first pieces of wood. Getting heavy boards that high isn't easy but I will be able to flip boards to get down to the piece I want. 3rd pic shows the rest of the shop and all the wood to be moved into the loft.

• Like 1

Steve, the first pic from Tuesday and the one you just posted look like the same shop (due to the overhead heater and the seam in the left wall), but the last one looks ten times larger than the Tuesday one. Is it the same and is it your new shop or old one?