Vanity Build (renamed to live on)

xxdabroxx

Thanks, I'm hoping so.  I've literally built this bathroom from the floor up.  It was on a wood floor system when I bought the house (held up by firewood - not joking), now the bathroom is on a slab (raised to align with adjacent finish floor) with all new plumbing, walls, & ceiling, electrical, tile, etc.  I cant wait to get it done so I can move onto the next room.  It's laundry room next, then pantry, then I can get a ceiling back in my kitchen.  Then I can start my kitchen cabinet build.  Oh man I have a long road ahead. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Plumbing is done not, got the sink installed last night.  Had to get an extension for the sink drain, probably should have planned on that being a vessel sink and all but hey, I'm no plumber nor did I sleep at a holiday in express last night.  haha. 

I installed the sink with a continuous bead of silicone inset from the outside lip about an inch or so, would you guys run a bead of silicone around the base of the sink or just leave it?  I figure I'd use clear if I do but I'm not sure that I want to yet. 

I don't think I can have drawer slides that aren't full extension soft close after using these Blum slides.  I really like them.  The hinges I'm not as fond of though, they take way too long to close up.  I'm not sure if I have them in a bind or if it is just how they work.  They are Salice hinges fwiw.

Another question, would you guys caulk the base of the base trim at the tile?  Not sure if I should or not.  I like the look with no caulk, but I don't want water running under the base trim and getting to the drywall either. 

Thanks guys. I got my window trimmed out this weekend. I'm finishing it with Minwax wipe on poly. Doesn't seem much different than the ARS I used on the vanity and is available locally.  I found a highly figured 3/4 x 1-1/2 x 7' piece of birch and used it in my panel glue up (?). I didn't have a 7" wide board available so I had to glue up a panel for the sill. 

20160117_104431.jpg

• Like 1