Forum Move HEADS UP!

13 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

Open a cmd prompt as an administrator

type ipconfig /flushdns

to clear the cache in firefox hold the shift key down and press the refresh icon next to the address bar

13 hours ago, Eric. said:

What language is that?

My laptop now works, inexplicably.  Tapatalk is beyond useless.

Is anyone else having tapatalk issues?

Terry was assuming (or maybe he knows) you are a Windows user.  These commands do not execute will on Apple, Linux, Solaris, or other operating systems :D

Tap-aTalk and ForumRunner both blow on iPhone as far as I'm concerned. I just run a regular browser modified for iPhone use.  I assume there are Android equivalents.

My laptop and desktop machines with various OS all work fine after the DNS aged out and/or was locally flushed.  My iPhone requiring a power cycle is just one of the prices you pay when you dabble with the evil-empire :).

32 minutes ago, Llama said:

My mac still won't stay on even after flushing this DNS cache garbage multiple times. No idea.. I get kicked out, then flush.. then I can get on again. Makes no sense to me.

Still no issues with the work computer. 

I didn't have problems on my Mac. If you're using Safari, try the "empty caches" option from the "Develop" menu (if you don't have a "Develop" menu option on your menu bar, enable it in Preferences > Advanced > Show Develop menu in menu bar).

• Like 1

So, this hasn't been the smoothest experience ever, eh?  Current issues are:

- advertisements appearing in threads (I don't know the cure for this one).

- failure to populate page when moving from one page to another in multi-page threads (refreshing the page causes the posts to fill in, otherwise all you get is the framework).

I assume these are being actively worked and we don't thing everything is "fine".

Are we having fun yet?

1 hour ago, gee-dub said:

So, this hasn't been the smoothest experience ever, eh?  Current issues are:

lol you haven't seen a "bad" server move, have you? :) This is one of the smoothest transitions I've seen.

Advertisement thing is taken care of. Pagination issue is being worked on.

• Like 1

OK, here's my take. I barely noticed the ads when they were showing up. Maybe you need to make them bigger & have more of them to 'encourage' more members to become supporters :) 

But seriously, if you had a few more ads (presumably more revenue) they still would not be annoying.

6 hours ago, drzaius said:

OK, here's my take. I barely noticed the ads when they were showing up. Maybe you need to make them bigger & have more of them to 'encourage' more members to become supporters :) 

But seriously, if you had a few more ads (presumably more revenue) they still would not be annoying.

The ads troll my cookies.  They slow down mobile interaction dramatically. I will gladly pay to do away with that even if I cannot see them. I teach and cannot access WTO on WiFi since Marc moved the forum. Somehow the blocking service flags its new location. 

1 hour ago, C Shaffer said:

The ads troll my cookies.  They slow down mobile interaction dramatically. I will gladly pay to do away with that even if I cannot see them. I teach and cannot access WTO on WiFi since Marc moved the forum. Somehow the blocking service flags its new location. 

That's a bummer. Tell them to stop it. :)

5 minutes ago, thewoodwhisperer said:

That's a bummer. Tell them to stop it. :)

I might try. I will need a justification...I teach music. For the record it said something about profanity which is laughable considering how this forum is managed. Thanks for even offering the ad free. It is appreciated. 

• 1 month later...