Amazon Prime Shipping has gone to H***

Tom Crawford

2 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I have 4 packages that are 8 days late that were supposed to have 2 day shipping. UPS is complaining about blizzards and hazardous weather. I'm unimpressed 24" of snow and -20 windchill isn't that bad.

Having been a long haul trucker, I'll speak for them...... there is no freight worth my life.

• Like 1

Just now, RichardA said:

Having been a long haul trucker, I'll speak for them...... there is no freight worth my life.

I should have put a smiley i was joking. I don't blame them 1 second for the late deliveries. RWD vans with huge sides in 40 mph winds on ice.... drivers could easily die in conditions like that. I've been shoveling 2 times a day for the last 8 days it's miserable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Yall think you have it bad, Try waiting 4 hours for a delivery from Prime Now. In all seriousness, I have not had one package delivered late from Amazon. Im a big fan and use Amazon alot.

Personally my big frustration is with the lack of communication. They won't tell you when a shipment is going to be late. For instance yesterday my wife ordered a couple things Prime Same-Day. She got the email guaranteeing (HA!) the items would arrive by 8pm. Unsurprisingly, one of the items didn't arrive that day. No communication of any kind, even an automated message that it wasn't delivered by 8. These aren't important items, but if a company promises something, I think they should actually follow through on that.

45 minutes ago, davewyo said:

This is my problem with Prime. Some people (Eric) often defend Amazon, stating that it's not their fault if the delivery company is late. I agree it's not Amazon's fault, but if a delivery company frequently doesn't meet the 2 day shipping deadline, then it's on Amazon to either get a delivery company that can fulfill their shipping requirements, or quit saying that they can get packages to their destinations in two days.

If you can find a larger or more reliable carrier than UPS, I'm sure they'd love to hear about it.

Again, here in suburbia, I never experience late shipments.  If you live way out in the middle of nowhere, I guess you have to adjust your expectations.  Should Amazon not offer Prime 2-day for 90% of the population who they can service almost perfectly, because of the 10% who they can't?  You have a lot of perks living where you do, Dave...I'll trade ya any day for some late shipments.

• Like 1

...  Should Amazon not offer Prime 2-day for 90% of the population who they can service almost perfectly, because of the 10% who they can't? 

Nope. But they should include a disclaimer that such advertised delivery "guarantees" may not be valid in some areas. Or maybe they do, and I haven't seen it. I dunno, I can't recall ever ordering anything through Amazon, personally.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Again, here in suburbia, I never experience late shipments.  If you live way out in the middle of nowhere, I guess you have to adjust your expectations.

Maybe I read into it and saw what I wanted to see...but I think his point was he (or other customers) shouldn't have to adjust their expectations....Amazon has all the data to look back and say "hey, average delivery times for customers in X area are actually 3-4 days....let's adjust our estimated delivery date based on where they live instead of stamping 2 days on everything."

That doesn't mean they can't call it "prime", and it doesn't have to affect the 90% of people that do get packages in 2 days or less...but I can understand it would be helpful to get a more accurate estimate. I agree Amazon isn't "at fault" for things taking 4 days in rural areas, it just happens...but I think it is a mistake that they aren't communicating better estimates....maybe you guys should tell amazon customer support instead of complaining on a forum to their Western-St.Louis rep (aka Eric, lol).

• Like 1

I expect it would be a logistical nightmare to custom tailor shipping time estimates for every household in the country.  They can get the vast majority of packages delivered within the desired time frame and I assume the service will continue to improve as they expand their operation deeper into the outlying areas.

To me, if a company offers a guarantee, it should come with consequences. If not delivered within specified time then we'll do this ..... for you.

Amazon has done this for me, have gotten a couple free months because my mommy complained (lol I'm not kidding). That's why I don't ever complain if they are late once in a while. Dave have you ever talked to Amazon's customer service about your "late" packages. Quotes are to keep everyone happy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you're going to offer a guarantee, then stand by it. My company offers next day service and if some reason we can't fulfill that, we give them 15% off the total charge, regardless of the reason. It is one of our selling points, just like Amazon

• Like 2

I think one thing gets missed. The shipping is "free." Yes, I pay a subscription fee. I get way more than it is worth though in music and movie streaming. YMMV. Yes, prices may be slightly higher to make the shipping "free." I am paying that extra gladly in order to avoid the crap hassle of dealing with shipping surcharge post order clicking. I realize expectation may not always be met perfectly, but the value level is met quite well. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JosephThomas said:

Dave have you ever talked to Amazon's customer service about your "late" packages.

Yeah, after I joined Prime a few years ago I talked to them the first several times my packages were late. I haven't contacted them about it in years though. I just can't spend my time worrying about it. All the packages show up eventually.

As was suggested earlier, I have adjusted my expectations. But I still subscribe to Prime because of the "free" shipping. I like the idea of "hiding" the price of shipping in the price of the item.

Right!? I can't even comprehend his statement lol

I'm more of a hands-on shopper, especially after attepting to buy a new cell phone via the service provider's web site, and having the UPS driver hand me a ripped, and obviously empty, box.

Twice.

Don't be dismayed...the love of my life orders lots of stuff via Amazon, well worth the Prime subscription.

• Like 1