Amazon Prime Shipping has gone to H***

Tom Crawford

The last four shipment have taken 4 to 7 business days. Now waiting for one that was due Wednesday.  Tracking shows "Out for Delivery" for Wednesday, Thursday and today.  They are now using a company called OnTrac for my area and three times they have claimed shipment has wrong address and I get email from Amazon so stating. the email has link that after a few clicks I can find a way to talk to someone.  Each time I give detailed driving instructions and it eventually it shows up. Once  even after that they still insisted was a bad address and I had to through cycle again.  I have asked in the last of those calls not to use OnTrac for my shipments but that did not work.  UPS and Fedex have always delivered here with no problems.  I can find no way on Amazon's site to make any kind of complaint. Does anyone know how I can get a complaint to them about this poor service?

Here's a customer service phone number I found. 1 (888) 280-4331

Or you could do this:

• Go to www.amazon.com and log in (if you haven't already).
  • Scroll to the bottom of Amazon's main page and click Help in the right-hand menu.
  • Move your mouse cursor over "Need More Help?" and click Contact Us.
  • Like 1

I've gotten the incorrect address thing before from UPS, when it was a temp on the route.  It's not that he couldn't find the address, I heard the damn truck slow down and then keep going.  But he was two hours late and we have a longish driveway that is difficult to back up.  So the incorrect address is a button he can press that doesn't put any fault on him while saving time and not caring about the crap that you have go through to fix it.

Second the free months of prime comment. There was a few month stretch that USPS was royally dropping the ball and I ended up with 6 more months of prime and a buy one get one free on the PSI WW 4 Piece lathe center sets. That was because it got lost for a day in a warehouse and I happened to call and it couldn't be found so they shipped me a new one, ended up getting both.

1 minute ago, Tom Crawford said:

Thanks for the help - contacted Amazon, and they contacted OnTrac and were promised it would be here by "end of the night".  was also told that my OnTrac experience will be communicated to the shipping team - not sure what that will accomplish.

Based on my complaints about them months ago and you having issues with them now I doubt much, but I hope they will quit using them soon.  Around here the ontrac people look like they were hired out of a halfway house.  Sketchy people with face tattoos and stuff.  I don't even want them knowing where I live.

It is Amazon's problem because they contracted OnTrac but OnTrac just sucks.  I have a small business and some of my supply vendors offer OnTrac as a cheaper alternative to UPS but I don't use them.  It boils down to "you get what you pay for".  The drivers don't even have a professional appearance about themselves and the trucks all look like beaters.

• Like 1

They look a lot less than unprofessional around here.  More along the lines of addict looking for a fix.  Pretty sure they stole a crush sleeve for my rear differential because they couldn't didn't want to bother finding my office.  Said it was delivered, went to every office in the complex and nobody got my package. 

I get probably an average of a package a week from Amazon and have for a couple of years now and not once have I ever had a delivery problem (but there's no OnTrac in my area (that I'm aware of), it's all UPS.

I've returned quite a few things to Amazon over the years and that too has gone completely smoothly.

@Tom Crawfordthat's a real bummer that you have so much trouble w/ it. It's a real pleasure when it runs smoothly.

Now, my $*&@#^%@ COMPUTER on the other hand ...

• Like 1

I had to learn a lesson about Amazon that may not apply here. I will get shipping notification as soon as they print a label. They may not actually ship for days. The fine print usually says "typically ships in two days" turning two day shipping into four in my book. Personally I think Prime should be in stock with a certain range of shipping hours expected. I am not here to say what that should be. Here, a lot of shipping partnerships exist. Someone, often FedEx, will deliver my packages to the post office for final delivery. The only packages that are truly frustrating are not Prime and are Asian shippers. I cannot puzzle their tracking out. 

I've had hundreds, possibly thousands of Prime items delivered, and I'm not sure I can remember a single one arriving late.  Occasionally packages will be damaged.  That's UPS.  Amazon has always been good about fixing any issues I've ever had.  Also the returns process is the easiest out there.

I guess delivery issues are geographical because I have none.

• Like 1

If you get a prime shipment late and complain, they'll typically extend your Prime membership one month for free. They were experimenting with USPS deliveries for a while in my area, and that didn't work.  USPS would deliver the item to my business on Saturday and say, "we tried to deliver it but no one was home.  You can pick it up at the post office."  I complained each time, and they stopped using USPS (at least for my deliveries).  One time I complained that I had needed it by a particular date, so they cancelled the order and reimbursed me, and said that I could keep the thing when it eventually arrived.

21 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I guess delivery issues are geographical because I have none.

Yes, geographical fer sure.

I know my saying it all the time gets old but... I have Prime packages delivered late so often I don't bother to complain to Amazon anymore. It's just the way it is.

My latest order was placed on Wed. Nov. 30th and it is supposed to be delivered on Monday, Dec. 5th. How is that for two day shipping? When I was doing the math I came up with a Friday delivery. That's why I ordered it Wednesday while I was out of town.

The worse thing is when Fedex or UPS hands it off to the USPS for final delivery. Because we're rural we don't get mail to our door here. We all have PO boxes. So when it's handed over to the Post Office it adds one to three days to the delivery time (and I have to go to the Post Office and stand in line).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, davewyo said:

The worse thing is when Fedex or UPS hands it off to the USPS for final delivery. Because we're rural we don't get mail to our door here. We all have PO boxes. So when it's handed over to the Post Office it adds one to three days to the delivery time (and I have to go to the Post Office and stand in line).

Had not considered that.