Need a new coffee machine

Llama

6 minutes ago, ClassAct said:

Yes it does. It's the Bose of the coffee world -- all image, no quality.

That is kind of hard on Bose, lol.

I don't know of any national producers that make good beans, or at least beans I like.  

i don't use anything too fancy, Chemex pour over carafe, i get my whole coffee beans from Anodyne coffee roasters in Milwaukee,  they get beans from all over the world, my current favorite is Dark Sumatra Takengon Ketiara, along with a blend they call Atomic and one called Papu New Guinea Namrua they roast in small batches if any of you are close check them out, great stuff!,

If your in the Milwaukee area check out valentine coffee. They roast there own in house and it is by far the best coffee I have had.

They use a pour over so each cup is fresh and they have 10 different coffees from all over the world that you can get a cup or bag of beans of. Great local place.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike. said:

its actually really good.  Yes, I have had it.

I've had it too. I'm just not a fan of keeping civets in cages while force feeding them beans. This is different than keeping chickens in cages and force feeding them so they are tasty. 

24 minutes ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

I have a pourover apparatus I bring to work with me, along with filters and my own grounds. People look at me weird and or criticize my choice to not use the kuerig machines while I brew my "fancy ass coffee" 

I do the same, we have these "fancy" machines filled with 3lb bags of cheaper-than-8oclock whole beans that go in a grinder that is never truly cleaned and these powdered flavorings. The whole thing looks like an ebola factory.

I have roasted my own beans with the popcorn popper but I don't have the time to get it right and to keep it up so I have a local place (Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company) ship me their beans because I would rather not get them from a store that could have had them laying around for 8 months. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mike. said:

its actually really good.  Yes, I have had it.

Kuerig is not coffee.  It is just for people who need flavoring to add to their milk and sugar.  And those people are killing themselves one sip of petrochemical at a time. 

Not to mention the incredible amount of waste it creates.  One pot of perc coffee is equivalent to 12 kuerig cups.  The perc coffee has only compost - the filter and grounds.  The Keurig has 12 new cups for the landfill.

• Like 2

For the price of a keurig and k-cups over a couple of years you could have had immensely better coffee from a more environmentally friendly maker. I have a Mr. Coffee percolator for my everyday thermos I take to work and a Bodom French press for when I am at home. I recommend saving your cash and getting better coffee rather than a better coffee maker. Try some from this place and tell me it's not some of the best coffee you've ever had. http://www.thebeancoffeecompany.com

• Like 1