Getting wrong website

Bankstick

On the TWW page, there are a set of links for "Store", "Guild", "Wood Talk", and "Forum".  The Forum links to Woodtalkonline (this site), and Wood Talk links to Woodtalkshow (the podcast).

If you're using a touchscreen device, I'm suspecting it's picking up the wrong one when you press. If you're using a conventional screen and mouse, then I don't know why you're seeing that behavior.  When I click on Forum it brings me back here (to Woodtalkonline).

On 16/12/2017 at 7:14 PM, Bankstick said:

Mozilla Firefox- never had this problem before.  Been using it for several years.  Never used another browser.

I just updated FF (It auto did it when I quit and reloaded it). The new version has a very different layout and it looks like the Bookmarks button/icon moved or changed. That may be part of what you're experiencing. 

9 minutes ago, thatCharlieDude said:

I just updated FF (It auto did it when I quit and reloaded it). The new version has a very different layout and it looks like the Bookmarks button/icon moved or changed. That may be part of what you're experiencing. 

Yeah, I had to add this button back into the toolbar to gain quick access to my bookmark folders:

ff.JPG.eb3413d9c54d8f86541a543ffd86621d.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bankstick said:

I click on the down arrow in the URL space at the top of the page for Show History.  I click on The Wood Whisperer.  I click on Forum.  I get Woodworking Talk Online.  I don't recall getting this before or am I getting senile?

This is exactly what it's suppose to happen and it's what always has happened. Wood Talk Online (this forum) IS The Wood Whisperer's forum and you get here when you click the "Forum" link.

I do not know if you're getting senile but seems like you're a bit confused.

Sometimes I'm blocked from this forum by my work's internet filter and then after a month or few it will allow access again.  Then it will be fine for a while and then it will get blocked again.  Been going on for a few years.  This site is the only one that does that.  

This site is somehow, occasionally deemed harmful for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...