Post the Loot

..Kev

5 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

Yes, I failed.  I did put the Resaw King on this morning so here's some pics.  I just ripped a piece of veneer off of something out of the scrap pile.

5a4529b4cd602_resawking(4).jpg.309ea5bf784fc674e667683a5ad39fea.jpg

Reasonably consistent at "about" 1/32" along its length.

5a4529b60400c_resawking(5).jpg.0dcaceb3d8ae15fdded157b86f9d5d28.jpg

5a4529b75bba4_resawking(6).jpg.0caaee0e36add5bf7203ea396d07cad8.jpg

The cut quality is good.  It is about what I get with a Woodslicer but, way faster.  I'll get familiar with it over the next few days.

I haven't done much re-sawing, is it generally better to have the thin veneer be on the waste side as you've shown? In this case with such an extremely thin slice, I suppose you wouldn't want the blade so close to your fence anyhow?

7 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

Yes, I failed.  I did put the Resaw King on this morning so here's some pics.  I just ripped a piece of veneer off of something out of the scrap pile.

Reasonably consistent at "about" 1/32" along its length.

The cut quality is good.  It is about what I get with a Woodslicer but, way faster.  I'll get familiar with it over the next few days.

Check the sides of the teeth on the blade. I just got a resaw king and it has some burs on the brazing. I removed the burs with a diamond paddle and the quality went from what your showing to FAR FAR smoother.

1203171838_HDR-01.thumb.jpeg.13a06519edd7ecb445010e7909bb8bce.jpeg

Woodslicer is the rough one resaw king is bottom after i tuned up the blade.

I’ll give that a try, thanks.

Ha, isn’t it great to share experiences on the forum? There was indeed a burr of sorts. Not from braising but at the weld. The weld had been ground wonderfully smooth. There was a bit of excess material that would have been a tooth where the cut was made that was causing an issue. The cut is visibly smoother now.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

I’ll give that a try, thanks.

Ha, isn’t it great to share experiences on the forum? There was indeed a burr of sorts. Not from braising but at the weld. The weld had been ground wonderfully smooth. There was a bit of excess material that would have been a tooth where the cut was made that was causing an issue. The cut is visibly smoother now.

I don't know what happened with the process if there was a quality check that was missed, not that i can blame them the burs were tiny on mine. Witha  tiny bit of cleanup the blade is awesome. I just hope that this one doesn't snap on me like the last one.

On 12/27/2017 at 2:19 PM, shaneymack said:

I had the same one up untill a few weeks ago. My wife was helping me install some temporary fencing for the dogs and I lent her my charge. A couple hours later in the house I asked her if I could have it back and she realised that she had misplaced it. We looked everywhere to no avail. Now I'm back to using my surge as my edc.  Overall I prefer the surge but it just doesn't carry as nicely as the titanium charge. It was the perfect pocket multi tool ! Enjoy it !

I've never heard of anyone keeping those. I lost mine too. I was pretty disappointed because it was a best man gift from my friend. I think there is a troll stealing them from everyone.

2 minutes ago, Cliff said:

I've never heard of anyone keeping those. I lost mine too. I was pretty disappointed because it was a best man gift from my friend. I think there is a troll stealing them from everyone.

Haha. I would never have lost it. That's what I get for lending it to the wife for a few minutes. My wife and I are complete opposites in this regard. She bought three new pairs of prescription glasses the other day and within a week couldn't find two of them !

• Like 1

On 12/27/2017 at 7:17 AM, collinb said:

First from #1 son was a pair of the 60" F clamps from Harbor Freight.

Yesterday I ripped a 2x4 to add a wood core.

Am giving some thought to screwing the sides into the core for a really tight fit ... but only thinking at this point.

clamps.thumb.jpg.903859990d0d9367088f38e0cb0bce5b.jpg

I have a January birthday and ended up with 4 more of these clamps + a nice 50" Dewalt trigger bar clamp.

Spent yesterday ripping a couple of 2x4s for the Harbor Freight clamps.

What I am now missing is a rack for these 7 tall clamps. Another roll-around cart coming this Spring, it appears.

I threw a handful of small-ish things ($75 and under) on a wishlist for my wife to distribute to anyone who came asking what to get me. Ended up getting a pair (6:1 and 8:1) of the Katz-Moses magnetic dovetail jigs, and a gift certificate for lumber to a local hardwood place that I've been meaning to go check out. I nabbed one of the Veritas dovetail saws during their Cyber Monday seconds sale, so the jigs will go well with that. The GC should allow me to basically get all of the 8/4 lumber that I'll need to complete a handful of projects I have on my list. I have a TON of 4/4 walnut (I have a few good sources for 4/4 walnut) but not much thicker stuff, so this GC will let me solve that problem. Perfect!

1 minute ago, I B said:

That's an awesome problem to have.

Hah, yeah- I'm not complaining- just saying that I have a serious imbalance in the amount of 4/4 stuff I have, versus 6/4 or 8/4. I have a few Craigslist-esque sources for nice walnut, but they seem to only cut 4/4... I'm stuck having to buy the thicker stuff at retail pricing, which is like 2.5x as expensive as CL in my area. I'm happy I can get at least some (most, probably) of the wood I need cheaply, though. That certainly helps keep costs down!