Laguna customer service

Pwk5017

In light of the recent thread bashing laguna’s customer service, they just did me a solid by sending me a new in box resaw king today after their ceramic guide came loose and messed up my other RK. In my email to their customer service, I offered that they offer me a complimentary sharpening. Instead, they just sent me a new blade. Normally, I don’t like to publicize these things because I don’t like the idea of holding companies hostage for free crap or you put them on blast in a public forum(like the other thread did), but in this case they went above and beyond when they truly didn’t have to. I wouldn’t have been pleased about sending my blade in for sharpening again, but it was fair in my mind. 

• Like 2

That thread was comical. I love it when people chime in about things they have no firsthand knowledge about only to say that they've read some crap on the internet lol...  Actually, that's most of the forum lately.. 

My experience is the same as yours... The only time I've ever called them was when I got a bandsaw blade in the mail and after 6 months of it sitting on my shelf I opened the package and it had a kink. I was upfront with them that it could have been my fault, but they sent a new blade out to me and I had it within a few days.

8 hours ago, Llama said:

The only time I've ever called them was when I got a bandsaw blade in the mail and after 6 months of it sitting on my shelf I opened the package and it had a kink. I was upfront with them that it could have been my fault, but they sent a new blade out to me and I had it within a few days

That's pretty good.  I had a similar issue with a bandsaw blade from highland woodworking - opened it after some number of months only to find that it had a crappy weld that was offset.  Called them and they wouldn't do anything.

• Like 1

I'll add to the (generally) "excellent" experience.  But I'll qualify that they were only partially informed on their new line of DC's, and consequently misinformed my purchase decision.

As far as trying to go the extra mile, I think they did well, including gently informing me on something that I could have found in the instructions.