The Domino

Coop

2 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Just because you have the domino doens't mean you have to stop doing it the traditional way.

Yes.  Sometimes tradition is just the correct way.  With one advantage over most of you, I have no real day job, so I have the time to cut, fit and finish joinery.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

For those have bought the reconditioned tools how have they fared? Are they in fairly decent condition? Do they come with a warranty?

I don't have any personal experience but I know a couple of guys who have bought their recon gear and in both cases they said that everything was good but they expected them to be a little cleaner... still kind of dusty looking.  Both were sanders.  I think it comes with a 1 yr. warranty but don't quote me.  If your interested you can go to festoolrecon.com and register for notifications.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

For those have bought the reconditioned tools how have they fared? Are they in fairly decent condition? Do they come with a warranty?

Would do it again in a heart beat. The cord was coiled up tightly but i have one mounted to my ct vac hose so i didn't care. I can't tell that the tool is reconditioned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chet said:

I don't have any personal experience but I know a couple of guys who have bought their recon gear and in both cases they said that everything was good but they expected them to be a little cleaner... still kind of dusty looking.  Both were sanders.  I think it comes with a 1 yr. warranty but don't quote me.  If your interested you can go to festoolrecon.com and register for notifications.

Thanks Chet! Yeah i'm on the register but debating new before the price increase or recon. The RO150 its really the only remaining tool I would really like to have.   

27 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Don't you have an ro90 ? What will you use the ro150 for?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I do. Alright you have convinced me until I have an active need I will hold off. I was thinking it would have been nice on the coffee table build, specifically sanding the top. 

Is this why people have sponsors :)

• Like 1

I do. Alright you have convinced me until I have an active need I will hold off. I was thinking it would have been nice on the coffee table build, specifically sanding the top. 
Is this why people have sponsors

Damn you Paul!! I was hoping you had a really good reason for buying one ! I wanted you to convince me I needed one. I've been holding off on buying one of those for years. Just don't see a need.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Damn you Paul!! I was hoping you had a really good reason for buying one ! I wanted you to convince me I needed one. I've been holding off on buying one of those for years. Just don't see a need.

I swear you just said in another thread that you were unhappy with festool and didn't want to buy any more of their stuff?

5 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Is this why people have sponsors :)

How would it have been better than a smoothing plane or your drum sander?Just curious.

3 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I swear you just said in another thread that you were unhappy with festool and didn't want to buy any more of their stuff?

Definitely pretty fed up with them and I did say, " Not sure how much more Festool there will be in my future." One last fix never hurt anyone right??

9 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Definitely pretty fed up with them and I did say, " Not sure how much more Festool there will be in my future." One last fix never hurt anyone right??

Lol sorry i paraphrased,  that one last fix is just going to lead to one more last fix and then another. If your going to quit the green you might as well draw the line now.

3 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I...How would it have been better than a smoothing plane or your drum sander?Just curious.

My drum sander runs 100 on the front and 120 on the rear drums so not a finish sander per say...regarding the smoother that is what I used and ultimately why I decided I didn't need another sander. I really like the RO90 and when I finish sand the epoxy on my kayak in a few months there are a few places, the bottom and sides, where the bigger pad of the RO150 would be nice. I was just contemplating the dreaded price increase but I think I will give the recon a shot and purchase one that way the next time I see one come up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pkinneb said:

My drum sander runs 100 on the front and 120 on the rear drums so not a finish sander per say...regarding the smoother that is what I used and ultimately why I decided I didn't need another sander. I really like the RO90 and when I finish sand the epoxy on my kayak in a few months there are a few places, the bottom and sides, where the bigger pad of the RO150 would be nice. I was just contemplating the dreaded price increase but I think I will give the recon a shot and purchase one that way the next time I see one come up.

I forgot about the kayak for some reason i thought that was complete. A task like that sounds perfect for the RO150. I hope to some day fix the body work on my vehicle and wondered if the Rotex would be a decent replacement for a flap wheel on an angle grinder. It'd be nice to be able to collect some of the dust and debris.

30 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I forgot about the kayak for some reason i thought that was complete...

:o construction complete I never got the final sanding, painting, or seat installed. Someone just posted on that thread and i said it would be complete in a week. Its been a year and a half I cannot believe how fast time flies...but the plan is to do the jewelry box for my wife's birthday late April then jump back on it and finally have its maiden voyage.

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

:o construction complete I never got the final sanding, painting, or seat installed. Someone just posted on that thread and i said it would be complete in a week. Its been a year and a half I cannot believe how fast time flies...but the plan is to do the jewelry box for my wife's birthday late April then jump back on it and finally have its maiden voyage.

Some day i'm going to do a cedar strip canoe. I want it to be sometime soon living within carrying distance of a lake i'd hopefully use it fairly often as well.

• Like 1

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ed Weber
    Newest Member
    Ed Weber