Documenting and Saving Stuff on WTO

Coop

52 minutes ago, JohnG said:

The downside to using those is that if more info is added to the thread, you have to manually add or remake your saved note

I have only used Pocket (mentioned above) for a little while but it seems to update new post in a thread on its own.

2 hours ago, Chet said:

I have only used Pocket (mentioned above) for a little while but it seems to update new post in a thread on its own.

I haven't used Pocket much, but I believe it retrieves the page when you have internet connection and it can locate the page, and 'archives' it for when you are offline. So I would assume that if the URL is removed or changed, you should still have access to the page as it was the last time Pocket refreshed the archive of the page (presumably the last time you visited the page).

Evernote and OneNote are more like taking a snapshot of the page, but retaining the text as text that you can search (and edit). When using the in-browser 'clipping tool' it will also include a hyperlink to the original page.

The simplest way to track threads on here is to use the follow system built into the forum itself.

On the top right of each thread is a "follow" button, click that and click "no notifications" unless you desire otherwise.

Then click your avatar in the very top right of the screen, and click "Manage followed Content".

It will then list all the threads you are following, and you can pick what you want. 

It won't save or download any of the info for you, but it's a good way to keep track of the stuff within the forum. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, K Cooper said:

I like the concept and everything went well until I clicked on my avatar and no “managed followed” showed up. 

What device are you on? For me it is under the pancake stack in the upper right of the page in the “Account” sub menu. I have never intentionally followed much, but think one iteration of forum software auto followed threads I posted in for a few days. 

On 11/14/2018 at 11:43 PM, Pondhockey said:

I just saved this thread as a pdf file.  You might check to see if that's useful to you (it won't help much with enclosed video's etc.)

The system doesn't let me upload a pdf file, so I don't know how to demonstrate.

You just go under 'File' and then 'Export as a PDF'  but each page is at least 1MB in size.  How big are the Evernote pages? 

On 11/15/2018 at 10:28 PM, K Cooper said:

I like the concept and everything went well until I clicked on my avatar and no “managed followed” showed up. 

On 11/16/2018 at 5:46 AM, Tpt life said:

What device are you on? For me it is under the pancake stack in the upper right of the page in the “Account” sub menu. I have never intentionally followed much, but think one iteration of forum software auto followed threads I posted in for a few days. 

On the PC, it should look like this:

follow.jpg.96c72f27ad8d5d4eeba116f4f52fd9aa.jpg

• Like 1