Air Plant Holders

mtairymd

On 1/5/2019 at 11:19 PM, Pondhockey said:

Very cool; I'd like to mimic your ideas.  Are these plants epiphytes?  They must need more than water, how to they obtain other nutrients?

I have no clue...so here is the google answer:

"Epiphytes called Tillandsia or Air Plants are one of these plant families that have found a unique niche that allows them to thrive in harsh environments. Epiphytes are plants that grow or attach themselves on other plants for support.

The difference is that air plants don't need soil to grow. In an air plant, roots act as anchors, securing plants to their supports. Leaves handle the job of absorbing moisture. Each leaf on an air plant is covered in specialized scales known as trichomes, which have the ability to absorb water and nutrients."

On 1/6/2019 at 7:32 PM, mat60 said:

Very well done. When the air plants are not in bloom the holders still look great all by themselves. 

Thank you!

• Thanks 2

On 1/15/2019 at 8:43 PM, vinnyjojo said:

This is way cooler than the bizarre glass jars hanging all over my house.   Time to start replacing them with wood!  Thanks for the inspiration   

Also, you must have some weird coats if those are your coat hangers. :)

Thank you!  Yeah, I like the wood better :).   I did have to search through the closet to find hangers coated in rubber.  Almost everything in our closets is plastic now.