Miter station [Finished]

Cliff

23 hours ago, Shane Jimerfield said:

This a nice miter station. I've had a few miter stations over the years and I hate to break it to you, but that chip is the least of your worries. You might want to just take a hammer to it now and get past any future emotional anguish caused by dings. LOL.

Especially with me. Destruction follows me wherever I go. I'll probably get this door finished and put on and accidentally drive through the shop with my car and destroy the miter station completely.

• Like 1

Awe don't even joke about taht. It'd be tragic to ruin that awesome miter station with a car.... Though don't you drive a prius and didn't those cars have problems with the accelerator sticking :P:D 

Walnut is pretty hard it should handle the knocks and bangs of a shop just fine. If anything embrace the character that the wear adds.

On 6/15/2019 at 9:42 AM, Chestnut said:

Awe don't even joke about taht. It'd be tragic to ruin that awesome miter station with a car.... Though don't you drive a prius and didn't those cars have problems with the accelerator sticking :P:D 

Walnut is pretty hard it should handle the knocks and bangs of a shop just fine. If anything embrace the character that the wear adds.

I think it's likely my prius would bounce off of the miter station. :)

Since I wasn't going for furniture level on this, there are plenty of flaws already, ad I'm good with it. Just the top itself, I had to hand plane the trim down and it tore out everywhere. And when I attempted to sand it it scuffed the hell out of the hardboard top. So I left it looking chewed up and counted it as a learning opportunity to never cut my trim oversize by 1/4"

2 hours ago, treeslayer said:

that's a great piece Cliff, well done sir! i wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't mentioned the scuffing and tear out, if anyone mentioned it i would show them the door and tell them to make one as nice, and I'm betting they couldn't do it on their best day.

I'm still in the phase when I am compelled to show the flaws in my work. Trying to get past it. 

17 hours ago, Cliff said:

I'm still in the phase when I am compelled to show the flaws in my work. Trying to get past it. 

I highlight flaws if i show a way to solve the problem. Between us on here is different than the non-woodworking types. I don't talk about flaws with them any more. I got sick of getting that blank stare and the comment "This is far better than i could have ever done".

Boy golly that door panel is purdy!!!!!!! :wub:

• Like 2