Miter station [Finished]

Cliff

I think this came out great! As far as the drawer fronts. Evey one tries to shoot for perfect square but i'd be a lot of people's cabinets end up a hair off. Personally i make doors and everything a hair oversize and then scribe and cut to perfect size. If that cabinet is 1/64" out of square it gets reflected perfectly in the door or drawer. It's maybe too bad the Cletus wood ended up here but hey your shop cabinets look great!.

7 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Great recovery Cliff! I think maybe I’ll never have the problem of too many Festool systainers unless I come across with the winning NJ powerball ticket and I’ve never been to Jersey. 

Hahaha. Well it's definitely a space issue. Unless i can figure out a good way to store them in the place that I use them most I'm working on some ideas. 

On 5/24/2019 at 6:23 PM, Cliff said:

Bought out the stock of all Home Depots drawer slides, then Lowes as well. I wanted good slides, but not top of the line. I paid around $20 per set. They aren't self close, but that is ok.

For $20 per slide, you could have gotten Blum soft close and had money left over.

2 hours ago, drzaius said:

If you don't have access to wholesale sources, Lee Valley has a decent selection of slides at good quality/price ratios. For example, they have 16" full extension self closing slides that are very good for less than $15/pair.

Everyone has access. I've posted several times here where to go. 

10 hours ago, Just Bob said:

Just a FYI for your next shop project, these slides are $6 and change per pair with free shipping.  They are nice quality slides.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZ1UJ1L/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Thanks I may pick some up because I'm going to put pull out trays in my outfeed table for the festool stuff.

I bought the Promark slides from Amazon on the recommendation of James King from King's Fine Woodworking.  They were $75 for a 10 pack of 26", full-extension ball-bearing slides rated for 100 lbs.  They are pretty nice slides, especially for the price.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Cliff said:

So I started my door.

Fill me in a little bit Cliff, interior or exterior door? I've been pondering building a couple of exterior doors is my reason for asking, good to hear you're on the mend, don't push it to hard but i understand its tough to be out of the shop for any length of time.

1 minute ago, treeslayer said:

Fill me in a little bit Cliff, interior or exterior door? I've been pondering building a couple of exterior doors is my reason for asking, good to hear you're on the mend, don't push it to hard but i understand its tough to be out of the shop for any length of time.

Just a simple interior miter station door. It is not inset though if that's what you meant. This is my first door of any kind.