Need to buy a new table saw

CSCABINETS

i recently opened a new 5000 sqft shop and partnered up with a guy so now we have a full blown cnc machine capable of cutting up to 5x12 with push off table.  i need to get a new table saw and having a hard time deciding between grizzly, powermatic or sawstop.  looking at a 5 or 7.5 horsepower.  people have said i should get a slider and can get one delivered and installed with training for 8000, but the fact that i have a cnc in my shop i dont know if i need a full slider.  money is allways an issue but dont mind spending money especially for the main tool of a shop.  i can get a grizzly 7.5 for $2900.  a powermatic pm2000b for $3900. a powermatic pm3000 for $5200 or saw stop industrial 7.5hp for $5100.  im looking for honest opinions from fellow woodoworkers

First thing I would say, if this is a business I would talk with your insurance agent and see how much your insurance would go down with the SawStop.  Their answer may help your decision.    My SawStop is just the PCS model but I have been extremely happy with it and the fit and finish is spot on and the assembly instructions were some of the best I have seen.

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

Felder has an excellent slider and they also just came out with a flesh reacting safety system that does not damage the blade and can be reset in a minute.  I am not in your league, but I would definetly give their product a look.  

The rep at the Felder open house in November told me that it will be introduced at IWF in August, but probably not available for sale until some time after that.

I spent most of my career on the supply side for commercial cabinet shops, primarily CNC routers but traditional machinery also, and I tend to agree with @woodenskye. The CNC will be more efficient for the panel products and a traditional TS will suit you for the solid stock. This is especially true if you do high end cabinetry, e.g. corbels, etc. or use traditional high-end joinery.

With that said, I would lean toward to SS ICS for safety reasons primarily. All the saws you mentioned are good saws. I'm retired, but now teach CNC and traditional woodworking at the local community college part time. We have 8? Sawstops between 4 classroom/shops. We had one instance last semester where the technology saved a woman's finger. We average about 1 trip per year, usually from someone getting an Incra miter gauge too close. $79 is pretty cheap insurance in my opinion.

I'm curious to know what software you'll be running on the CNC.

• Like 2

so if you have the cnc, which will cover most of your sheet good processing needs, and you still need to process large amounts of solid lumber. I suggest two saws, your regular 5hp tablesaw, sawstop  good choice for safety. But if you have a lot to process and maybe inexperience labor nothing beats a straight line rip saw. If you have three phase already in the building prolly find one relatively inexpensive on auction. 

On 1/16/2020 at 10:51 PM, CSCABINETS said:

i recently opened a new 5000 sqft shop and partnered up with a guy so now we have a full blown cnc machine capable of cutting up to 5x12 with push off table.  i need to get a new table saw and having a hard time deciding between grizzly, powermatic or sawstop.  looking at a 5 or 7.5 horsepower.  people have said i should get a slider and can get one delivered and installed with training for 8000, but the fact that i have a cnc in my shop i dont know if i need a full slider.  money is allways an issue but dont mind spending money especially for the main tool of a shop.  i can get a grizzly 7.5 for $2900.  a powermatic pm2000b for $3900. a powermatic pm3000 for $5200 or saw stop industrial 7.5hp for $5100.  im looking for honest opinions from fellow woodoworkers

A slider does a lot of different things. If your CNC gets too much work youll have people standing around waiting. You don't want to waste a CNC's time cutting Nailers or straight rips. 

You cant lose with a slider in the shop. Especially of the CNC goes down...

IMG_0795.jpg