Any HVAC folks on here?

pkinneb

Apparently we need a new central AC unit and they want to replace the furnace at the same time. This is way outside my wheelhouse so looking for some advice?

1. Is Lenox a good brand

2. Any ballpark idea's of what a 96% efficiency 16 seer 4 ton AC and 2 stage 100K BTU furnace with ECM variable speed blower installed should cost? 

Thanks

Lenox is a good brand, but I don't think there are a lot of complaints with any of them, these days, including what some may consider an "off brand", like Goodman.  I wouldn't pay a lot extra for a name, and neither do any of my scientist friends who do their own installs.

2. No idea.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

2. $4k - $6k is about what I would expect. If your supplier is outside that range, I'd get a second opinion.

Just AC or AC and furnace? I got quotes from a few places and they could do the AC for that range but not both AC and furnace.

15 hours ago, pkinneb said:

they want to replace the furnace at the same time.

I'd replace both. Something on the furnace will fail eventually and the labor to replace just 1 part will be more costly than replacing them both at the same time. I guess i don't know how old or what brand your furnace is. Mine was still working fine at 30 years old but was NOT efficient.

• Thanks 1