M7 Side One Glamor Shot

joe mendel

Joe that's just amazing!  I love the title, too.  I have to admit that seeing only the parts and pieces without the big picture I was beginning to think that M7 might stand for seven degrees of madness :).  But that is a real statement piece!  Is there a term for the mechanical equivalent of a calliope? 

Some people call this kind of sculpture: Gravitram, Kugelbahn, marble run, marble maze, or a rolling ball sculpture.  I was never setting out to re-invent the marble run.  Instead I wanted to make common gadgets and gizmos which I have seen and dress them up with various embellishments which I use in making period style furniture.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 1:09 PM, wtnhighlander said:

All I can say is WOW! And I hope the next step down't involve that baseball bat ...

I have to admit, I almost set it on fire when I was about 3/4 of the way through the project.  It was so frustrating at times to get things to do what I wanted the marbles to do. 

• Haha 2

All Hail Joe!  (MIB reference).  That is a thing of beauty.  I have loved "marble things" since building them with dad as a child.  You have taken the form to new levels.  Just great stuff!  I totally get the thread on the odd looking bun feet now :D.  Perfect for your beast.

• Thanks 1

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 57 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rojmwq4e
    Newest Member
    rojmwq4e