Cherry Coffee Table

On 3/17/2023 at 11:24 AM, Chestnut said:

That's a very clean and elegant look that matches that room nice. I really like the minor detail on the legs as well as the under bevel on the top. It helps the table look a lot less clunky.

Also the figure on that lower shelf is nice. I wish you the best of luck keeping it clean and organized with the little ones and their toys. :D We have so many toys.... never bought any. I don't know where they come from, my only thought is that they can procreate.

I meant to include in my first post that these were the plans from FixThisBuildThat. I was hoping the bevel on the top tied into the Shaker End Table and the legs tied into the TV stand enough that it looks like they were meant to go together.

As for keeping it clean. I brought it upstairs while the kids were at school, when they came home my daughter said "oh cool" and my son shrugged his shoulders and then started a coloring book on it.

Kid's stuff seems never ending. When we first had our daughter we couldn't believe how generous everyone was being giving us their old stuff. We quickly realized they just wanted it out of their house! There's a local "Buy Nothing" Facebook group we're in that helps us clear things out if we don't know anyone who wants it. Always funny seeing kids wearing your kids old clothes. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 11:24 AM, Chestnut said:

We have so many toys.... never bought any. I don't know where they come from, my only thought is that they can procreate.

Just wait until the visiting relatives (the ones buying and sending said toys) arrive and make a sideways comment about “It’s too bad she doesn’t have any toys!”

The coffee table looks great! Maybe a screw in the center of each short end, then z clips for the rest? 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 8:28 PM, legenddc said:

I just realized I never posted my coffee table build. I started this in December while I was still working on the TV stand. Finished it end of January and we’ve been enjoying it since then. All mortise and tenon except the side bottom rails.

I need to make some pieces to hold the shelf and top in place in the middle so it can still move. The Z-clips allow it to shift a little too much. 

208E4663-1C1F-420E-B56D-55FBE8DB0577.jpeg

2A976800-676E-44B4-996E-EF807F49A40A.jpeg

9C32D13A-CBC7-467A-BA9F-9FEE8251AAEB.jpeg

Wow, that coffee table looks really impressive! It's clear that you put a lot of time and effort into building it, especially with the mortise and tenon joints. The design is appealing, and the wood texture is lovely. That you've been enjoying it since finishing it in January is wonderful to hear. It seems sense to add parts to hold the middle shelf and top in place, especially if the Z-clips are causing it to shift too much. I hope the outcome is exactly what you had in mind!

• Like 1