Plywood Pram

At first i thought this was about making a baby stroller/carrier, today i learned that a Pram is also a small boat! Awesome boat and great build. Your explanation and pictures make it seem effortless as always though I'm sure some good time and effort was spent. Rowing a boat i made through those Canadian waters would put a smile on my face.

I have a cedar strip canoe on my list to build within the next 10 years. It used to be 5 years but then kids happened.

I helped my BIL build a tender very similar in the early '80's.  He used it for several years before it was stolen.  I remember testing it the first voyage on the lake here in the Wintertime.  We wore drysuits, but didn't end up getting wet.

They kept that cruising sailboat for over four decades, and just sold it last Spring, trading in the floating cabin for an Airstream to travel the country in.

On 6/25/2023 at 1:39 PM, Hammer5573 said:

I’ve been watching the Sampson Boat build of the Tally-Ho on the YouTube for a number of years and I’m amazed at the cabinetmaking skills of the boat builders. Apparently you are carrying on the tradition. VERY NICE!

Whoa! I've built myself a nice little boat here, but it's not the same league as Tally Ho by a considerable margin ... those guys have been doing some phenomenal woodwork.

The real challenge boat building is that so few lines are square plumb or even straight.

Thanks for the comments everyone. It was a fun project, and she rows very nicely ... I was lucky to be able to book some time in a wooden-boat workshop just round the corner from where I keep my boat. It took me about one month in total, but there was a lot of time involved waiting for epoxy to cure before moving on to the next step ... I'm not really a big fan of epoxy and fiberglass work ... nasty messy stuff.