Wish List

Coop

Kids and grandkids have asked and I’ve given it much thought. Maybe 3 more 24” Jet parallel clamps? I’ve just been informed that there is such a thing as a router compression bit and that looks pretty impressive. Aside from a gift card from Rockler, I’m pretty easy to satisfy. Hopefully you guys have greater aspirations? 

• Like 1

32 inch track for the track saw, carbon coat kit for my cast iron surfaces and some new painters drop clothes for the finishing jobs, mine have been used for decades and are so stiff from layers of overspray that I think, if I tried, I could stand them on edge.

Apparently my wish list as too specific for my wife. I don't have a router table fence so I suggested that. I do feel like it's hard to make woodworking tool recommendations without having a wish list like Lee Valley or Rockler. 

My go to the last couple of years is anything to give me more time. Could be a gift card to Chick-fil-a so we don't have to cook for a night or a cordless leaf blower so I can finish cleaning leaves quicker. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 4:39 PM, pkinneb said:

I'm hoping for a cordless glue gun that works with my Makita batteries. Don't recall where I saw it but thought that would be nice to have. Also some ww books.

Surebonder had nice glue guns. They take Ryobi batteries natively, but the company has adapters for all the other big names. I've got this one with the DeWalt adapter and it's absolutely fantastic.

As for my wishlist, it's consumables like nicer sawblades, more push-pads (like clamps you can never have enough of these things), and lathe tools. Also a few bigger ticket items in-case the in-laws are feeling generous :)

• Thanks 1

Free babysitting so I can have shop time to make things for other people.... This is open to any one, our daughter is an absolute joy to be around. I'll take applications at any pint just drop me a PM :D.

On 12/11/2023 at 8:54 AM, legenddc said:

Apparently my wish list as too specific for my wife. I don't have a router table fence so I suggested that. I do feel like it's hard to make woodworking tool recommendations without having a wish list like Lee Valley or Rockler. 

My go to the last couple of years is anything to give me more time. Could be a gift card to Chick-fil-a so we don't have to cook for a night or a cordless leaf blower so I can finish cleaning leaves quicker. 

Or their websites are too complicated. I just want a link to the exact product. Most are pages with 10 options that are so hard to get across to family.

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2023 at 12:07 PM, Chestnut said:

Free babysitting so I can have shop time to make things for other people.... This is open to any one, our daughter is an absolute joy to be around. I'll take applications at any pint just drop me a PM :D.

We’ll watch her but you just have to drop her off and pick her up. :D

Our kids have hit the age where friends come over to play. I try to use that time to get in the shop. 

• Haha 1