dewalt planer dw735 roller not pulling wood through

duckkisser

our planer is not pulling wood through. the roller's are turning but they dont seem to be griping do they have to be replaced every so many miles? i checked the chains and the belts everything is tight and in order. do i just need to clean the rollers and how would i do that?

ok blades havent had that many miles on em but i waxed the top and cleaned the rollers........it was bad i had to go home and take a shower after wards(not realy but a fun exageration).....5 years of resin and sap build up. why doesnt the guy i work with understand you have to work on machines regulary to keep in good condition. anywho runing smooth now after 3 hours of cleaning i think its in better contion now then when it was bought.

Just turn it of and on. Once you are sure it has completely spun down, look and see if a dirty section of roller has been exposed

I just bought a 735 the other day and it is in a bad need of a cleaning. How did you get the rollers to turn to clean them? mine won't turn with just hand presure. Did you have to take the rollers out?

• 2 months later...

My rollers are will not turn. The blade is turning. I marked the roller with chalk to confirm that they are not turning. I removed the cover and moved the selector switch from 1 to 2 with the saw running. The bar connected to the switch is moving right to left but still no turning rollers. Is it time to take it to the shop?

there are a couple of covers on the right and left that has some cogs and chains inside. those work like a bike chain the central shaft turns and moves a chain. the chain is attached to some cogs that turn the rollers. take off the caps and see if they are broken or come lose. i had a cog break on me and the rollers would not turn. the cog cost i think 6-9 dollers for a new one. i had to go pick up at a local dewalt store.

• 1 year later...

i just used some paste wax and waxed the bed of the planer made a huge difference. in fact when i am fixing a machine i sand the bed of the machine lightly with a high grit sandpaper and oil to remove any rust or old build up sap ect.... then i use paste was and buff it with my rag gives it a nice smooth slide i do that about once a year unless it realy needs it. 

• 2 years later...