Rockler Silicone Glue brush. Any good???

TerryMcK

Have you tried the glue-bot dispensers. They allow precise control of spreading glue the 16oz bottle I use with a wide tip and the baby bot I use the yorker

tip which I can apply glue in pin dot sized cracks. Mcfeelys sell 5 pack replacement tips for a one dollar and one dollar shipping. They also come with a centering guide for fast applications. I have the rockler brush as well and the dried glue does come out of the brushes but sometimes like a hair it takes a

brush. Now after using it I keep it submerged in water before I clean it.

post-5469-0-79350700-1357567788_thumb.jp

I have one and use it for tasks too big for an acid brush, too small for an ink roller, or too intricate for a finger. Acid brushes are still king in my shop, and the only reason I bought one is because the Rockler guy hooked me up with an additional discount on another item when he didn't have to. It was an impulsive guilt buy. I could easily live without it...and Barry's one dollar version sounds more appealing.

I have the big one, and it works, but it's too big for a lot of glue ups. I do want to pick up a couple of the small head ones and see how they are. If they're at least as good as the little aluminum disposable glue brushes it'll be worth it (both in savings and not having to worry about bristles coming off).

Have you tried the glue-bot dispensers. They allow precise control of spreading glue the 16oz bottle I use with a wide tip and the baby bot I use the yorker

tip which I can apply glue in pin dot sized cracks. Mcfeelys sell 5 pack replacement tips for a one dollar and one dollar shipping. They also come with a centering guide for fast applications. I have the rockler brush as well and the dried glue does come out of the brushes but sometimes like a hair it takes a

brush. Now after using it I keep it submerged in water before I clean it.

first day I got the glu-bot, the centering guide cracked in half, i think i could have easily written to get a new one, not too worried about it. other than that it's an amazing tool. I use it upside down and in very weird angles at times. keep the cap on!!!

- rockler glue brush... love it. i never wash it, just peel and go. haven't torn off a silicone bristle yet since 9 months.

Similar to what most have already said, but added one more to the "have it, love it" crowd!

I haven't cleaned mine yet. I just smash the head against the table a few times and then sweep the debris off the table into the trash can, and it's good to go. I like the little black trowel thing the most. I didn't really spread glue (mostly out of laziness) in the past, so I get much better coverage and bond now. This can be critical for glue ups that aren't done being worked (i.e. turning, laminating, etc)

It is classic Rockler imo. It's a bit overpriced, but does exactly what it says it does, and does it well.

OK I shall have to get one ordered. Is this one similar a Sili-Brush?

http://www.amazon.com/Fulton-1203-Sili-Brush/dp/B009OCEBD2

Check your local dollar store:

http://www.dollartree.com/Betty-Crocker-Silicone-Basting-Brushes-9-/p310123/index.pro

Trim as desired.

I bought a bunch for my wife's classroom, for white glue. Kids aren't very good at cleaning brushes, so silicone brushes are home runs.

I bought a Rockler brush before I found the cheapies.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently trialling some silicone pastry brushes intended for kitchen use. I didn't raid the kitchen drawers by the way!

I found some on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/APOLLO-Pastry-Brush-Splash/dp/B002YAOHR6/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A3OHIEUSTMB3PA. I can't say I am impressed with them as the "bristles", if that's what you can call them, are too soft.

Sure enough the glue just peels off when dry and they were very cheap. 

Still looking....

I have both the big brush and the small brush and I love them. I think they spread glue much better than the acid brushes. I originally purchased the big brush but quickly found that it was too big for some glue-ups, so I purchased the small brushes and they have met all of my glue-up needs up to this point.

Also, I know its not just me, but I love picking the glue out of the bristles after it dries....