Reloading bench

..Kev

I just bought my first press.  Tired of 9mm being out of stock everywhere, and then paying through the nose when it is in.

I might have to steal your design.  It looks simple, elegant, and sturdy!

Happy thefting!  Pretty straight forward, let me know if you have any questions..

• 1 month later...

Curious, did the client give you a specific height for the table? I find with my Dillon press, there's a small window 'sweet spot' for bench and chair height, for an hour of repetitive motion with that big awkward crank.

Also, will it break your heart when those big lag bolts get drilled through the table :)

Curious, did the client give you a specific height for the table? I find with my Dillon press, there's a small window 'sweet spot' for bench and chair height, for an hour of repetitive motion with that big awkward crank.

Also, will it break your heart when those big lag bolts get drilled through the table :)

Yes, the client had a very specific height.

Break my heart, no.  That's what the bench was intended for so, I knew it would get the lags.  I offered to mount his press for him in fact.

Thanks for the kind words Eric!

Nice collection of clamps! Seems like you can never have too many. I am getting some more tomorrow at the Woodworking show in Atlanta. Keep running out of the shorter ones .

Thanks..  I find that I run out often as well..  I just ordered a couple 60s yesterday.  Even with what I have, I try to add 1 or 2 a month until I run out of room to store them  ;)

• 1 month later...

It's for reloading ammunition Mark.  A press is mounted to the top that come in many shapes and sizes.  With just a change of the dies in the press (unless it's a progressive press), they do every thing from punching a primer out, to setting the new bullet.  

Just do a quick Google image search for reloading bench or reloading press and you'll see plenty of pictures..

• 1 year later...