childs folding chair

treeslayer

It took me several attempts to figure out posting pictures. I had to download an app that let me resize the picture to get under the max size limits. I post from my iPad so I am no help with other formats. Lord knows there is no shortage of tech experience around here.

DSCN0252 copy.jpgsetup for making a 1/2" round on a 3/4" square the small kerf helps to define the shoulder when i cut the tenon, on the chair there are 3 different length of tenonsDSCN0255 copy.jpgDSCN0256 copy.jpground them to 3/4" using a 3/8" round over bitand them on the RO until nice and smooth radius the ends of all the pieces on the spindle sanderDSCN0259 copy.jpgslightly radius the sides with a 3/4" round over bitDSCN0260 copy.jpg32 pieces, 13 seat slats, #3 1 1/2" X 1/4" pieces for the back, #6 3/4" round pieces with the ends cut to 1/2" different lengths, 2 arms, L&R seat pieces, 4 legs and 2 back support pieces not many templates, just drawings to help me DSCN0261 copy.jpgDSCN0262 copy.jpgtoday will be metal working day, aluminum is used for arm brackets and rear leg support, man i hate working with metal,  

DSCN0253 copy.jpg

DSCN0257 copy.jpg

DSCN0258 copy.jpg

• Like 2

thanks ken, i think that cutter is from rockler, woodcraft has one that i think is a little better, they come in different sizes (diameter and length). i had to have the neighbor put my drill press table on his lathe and turn the diameter of the hole bigger so i could get a 3/4" square piece thru it in order to make the jig work

hey steve, the curved sides are and arms i use double stick tape and pattern router them from the templates and drill the holes while stuck together. as for the groove i thought about that one for a long time, i could have made a template of some sort and used a router and guide bushing but it got kind of stupid because the parts are so small, how to hold them ect. so i settled on what you see. a piece of particle board with a 1/4" dowel 3/8" of an inch away from a 1/4" spiral up-cut bit. i mark start and stop points and plunge in, i keep the cut square to the curve and it seems to work pretty good, i know there are 10 different ways to do this but my head hurt overthinking it, Ross, there are only two templates one for the arms and one for the sides, the rest comes off of my printDSCN0247.jpgDSCN0246.jpgDSCN0242 copy.jpgDSCN0244 copy.jpg

• Like 1