childs folding chair

treeslayer

if i can find a picture among the hundreds on the computer joe i'll post it so everyone knows where i'm going with this project. just gave the last one away to a benefit for a sick child for a friend of my daughters, that one was walnut and maple, i'll try to find a picture of an all cherry one

• Like 1

That is a cool idea, making the brackets out of tubing. I would have never thought to do that. Dave, did you turn the saw blade around to cut the metal? I have done that before with the circ saw to cut corregated metal, but it looks like yours is facing the correct direction in the pic.

hey Joe, i found this picture of the first ones i did for the twin grandkids, all walnut. i have made them in walnut with maple, all cherry (like the one i'm doing now) cherry and walnut and a couple out of white oak that was a special order for a lady. i hope to have this journal wrapped up by friday and will post them asap2012-09-25 10.36.16 copy.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, treeslayer said:

hey Joe, i found this picture of the first ones i did for the twin grandkids, all walnut. i have made them in walnut with maple, all cherry (like the one i'm doing now) cherry and walnut and a couple out of white oak that was a special order for a lady. i hope to have this journal wrapped up by friday and will post them asap2012-09-25 10.36.16 copy.jpg

Awesome, I like 'em.  Thx for posting that!  Do they typically get used outdoors? I have some redwood shorts that would probably be a good fit for one of those, and would last a while outside, might have to add that to my list so he has somewhere to sit when we go out to the firepit...

i have had requests to make adult sized ones Chestnut but so far i have turned them down, i could up-scale the drawings and patterns but then comes the question what to make them out of? they would be an outside chair so mahogany or cyprus come to mind but the cost would be probably in the 350 to 450 range. i wouldn't buy one for that and i don't think anyone else would either. maybe when i get some time:blink: i'll build one or two just for laughs

i have had requests to make adult sized ones Chestnut but so far i have turned them down, i could up-scale the drawings and patterns but then comes the question what to make them out of? they would be an outside chair so mahogany or cyprus come to mind but the cost would be probably in the 350 to 450 range. i wouldn't buy one for that and i don't think anyone else would either. maybe when i get some time:blink: i'll build one or two just for laughs

Whoa, whoa, whoa, thats a crappy attitude !! Im sure Maloof didn't think he would be selling chairs for 25k plus when he started. This is a cool design and 450$ is not a lot for a handmade chair. You can do it Dave !!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, thats a crappy attitude !! Im sure Maloof didn't think he would be selling chairs for 25k plus when he started. This is a cool design and 450$ is not a lot for a handmade chair. You can do it Dave !!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

And imagine what maloof could have charged if he used pallet wood!

• Like 1

i don't know how old Sam was when he started Shane but that cow left the barn for me a while back, my son's a woodworker also, i'll pass your comment along, maybe he can make enough to pay my nurse (think nurse Ratchet "One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest") thanks for the encouragement, always nice to hear from a fellow woodworker

• Like 1