childs folding chair

treeslayer

will do Shane, if someone would just tell me how, record video on camera and post as you would a picture?

Im not sure that would work. You have to upload it to YouTube and just share the link. Its actually pretty easy.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, treeslayer said:

thanks Shane, could not post a video of how it folds up (computer and operator too slow) but i took pictures of how it looks folded upDSCN0290.jpgDSCN0291.jpgDSCN0292.jpgDSCN0293.jpgDSCN0294.jpg

That is really cool Dave. And the art work in the background is, well ...... darn cool as well!

Wonderful job on your first project journal ! 

Nice chair ! It looks quite comfortable. I bet everyone you have made will be handed down to their children .

Sizing it up would take some trial and error. That extended tenon as a stop would surely need to be beefed up. Some spray paint could make the metal brackets blend in.

thanks to all for your great comments from such a distinguished bunch of woodworkers. yes Steve, sizing this up would present a bunch of challenges that I'm not ready to tackle just yet, too many other projects to do first. I am going to attempt a Blacker House rocker 1/3 size this fall for the new grandson something I have always wanted to build

If you are ready for a Blacker House Rocker we all want to watch over your shoulder ! Darrell Peart has some great insights to Greene & Greene. I remember reading about Blacker House brackets ( like on the front of the rocker) , I think it was in his Design Elements for the Workshop book. There were even X-rays of the brackets from the original furniture.

thanks Steve I'll check it out, I'm a great admirer of Darrell and William Ng, two of the people I really look up to. I'll consider a journal when I cross that bridge, in the meantime back to the shop for some more fun!

man, old age kicking in again, and Mark, thewoodwhisper, none of this would be possible without him, his site and this one have increased my talent many times over

• Like 1

22 hours ago, treeslayer said:

thanks Steve I'll check it out, I'm a great admirer of Darrell and William Ng, two of the people I really look up to. I'll consider a journal when I cross that bridge, in the meantime back to the shop for some more fun!

man, old age kicking in again, and Mark, thewoodwhisper, none of this would be possible without him, his site and this one have increased my talent many times over

Dave, you're too modest dude, but I do agree with your comments about the sites and folks on them.

thanks sjk, i can only hope that some of my first projects ended up in a burn pile somewhere, i'm always learning

39 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Dave, you're too modest dude

i have to be modest coop if i'm ever going to rid myself of that the slacker moniker;) now if you will excuse me coop, the wife is out of town so i'm heading for the driveway to enjoy a cusano from a good friend and watch the sun go down

Okay, so when i very first seen this journal start I had this concept in my brain. Dave has popsickle sticks and store bought dowels and he is about to embark in doll house furniture? 

Then I realised. No, this cat is making a folding chair from scratch! Cool journal and awesome work Dave! 

2 minutes ago, Janello said:

Dave has popsickle sticks and store bought dowels and he is about to embark in doll house furniture? 

thanks john, my friends have a standing order, if they catch me with that stuff or painting signs in pine that say "Kandys Kountry Kitchen" they are to shoot and ask questions later!

• Like 2