well my Sawstop works!

Strider

Well apparently I'm a idiot.  I activated the safety action on my Sawstop Professional this evening.  No it wasn't because I let a piece of me contact the blade.  It was because i was just plain old careless.  I received an INCRA 1000HD Mitre gauge a few days ago and after setting it up and calibrating, I loved the thing.  So much so I dragged the wife down to the shop to show it off.  "Look honey, you can make dead on square cuts, use the scale to accurately and repeatably size pieces and best of all, when you need to measure off a longer piece, the end slides out to accommodate up to 31 inches"!  After her usual "Gee that's nice" bored look, I collapsed the gauge back to the closed position.  So tonight I'm in the shop and using the gauge to square off the end of a piece when BAM, the saw safety feature triggered.  What happened?  Well I failed to tighten the head on the left end of the INCRA gauge and when I slid it closed, the extension slide was loose and extended out the right side of the gauge; just enough to contact the blade.  Drat.  

I guess the good news is the safety feature works and it worked so fast, there isn't even a scratch on the INCRA that touched the blade.

Anybody want to buy a slightly deformed Woodworker II blade?  

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums....  Expensive proof that the saw works as advertised for sure!  Chalk it up to a learning experience and move on..  We've all made silly mistakes so have been in your shoes.  My Incra has a beautiful profile on one end from the router table..  I just tell people it's so dust doesn't collect there ;)

Thanks for the heads-up. Just installed a Incra 1000HD on my new SawStop.  Will be double sure to keep the loose ends clamped down.  Loved the wife comment.  I get the same response unless I'm fixing something of hers.  Tonight its her laptop.

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

I see a pattern developing among Sawstop + Incra owners ...

It's certainly one of the downsides but, I wouldn't trade that downside for the versatility.  Just have to remember to always check the clearance before it gets near the blade.

I'd done this before I got the Saw Stop.  I didn't really think about it but, I suppose it has saved me from Incra-Testing my saw ;-)

I milled a long piece of stock to fit the telescoping tube in the main extrusion.  I lop off a piece of the long stock then notch and glue a scrap "flag" to it.  My intention was to push little off-cuts past the blade when doing those sorts of cuts.

I made one for miters, one for 90's, swap them, use them up over time and remake them as required.  A small screw in an already existing hole secures them.

The wooden top piece and Rockler track just adapted some stops and fixtures I have for other purposes and are not required for this particular add-on.

Incra v-27 mod (1).jpg

Incra v-27 mod (2).jpg

V-27 Mods (1).jpg

V-27 Mods (2).jpg

V-27 Mods (3).jpg

V-27 Mods (4).jpg

V-27 Mods (5).jpg

• Like 1

I don't know if SawStop compiles statistics on activations, but I bet Incra is at the top of the list. There's a guy on another forum that done it twice with his Incra.

I have an Incra too, so I've been extra careful with it. Don't want to become another statistic.

• Like 1