Bed and Nightstands

..Kev

Think about drawers ? Shouldn't they already be planned out? Or do we approach things from a whole different methodology?

Looking quite good so far. Thanks for the updates !

Yes, they're somewhat planned out.  As always it seems, little things change here and there.

There will be 2 drawers in each.

I will be looking to Mel for the assist on these  ;)   Thinking of flying him in to lend a hand  :P

Weekend's finally here so, time to get back to work..  Drawers are next.

I'm sure I'm going to catch some flak for not hand cutting these but, it is what it is.  Frankly, due to some personal issues, I couldn't afford any mistakes so chose to use the jig to ensure there weren't any.

yex03.jpg  

This is the test board.  Just cut and fit, no clean up.

If you posted this picture with a hand plane sitting on top of it, then you might catch some crap for it. :)

In all seriousness though, you're an honest, genuine guy and everybody on here knows that. You do very nice clean work, so you will never catch any flack here on the forum. They're coming along beautifully. 

• Like 1

Anyone who uses a machine and a jig to cut dovetails is a wannabe woodworker loser and you suck, too! :D

Frankly, I seldom hand cut my dovetails.  I intend to start doing it more often so I can get faster at it, but up til now I only hand cut them on extra special...and small...projects. :)

They look good, Kev.  Ain't nothin' wrong with no jig.