Bed and Nightstands

..Kev

I have to agree - tapered tops would look best with the curves in the legs.  Perhaps even a slight cove cut rather than just a flat taper.  Then again, who's going to crawl under there and look.  Definitely not the breadboards for my eye, however.

I have to agree - tapered tops would look best with the curves in the legs.  Perhaps even a slight cove cut rather than just a flat taper.  Then again, who's going to crawl under there and look.  Definitely not the breadboards for my eye, however.

That's actually what I was thinking Byrdie..  I'll run a couple test samples and let the boss pick out the one she likes..

Thanks for the kind words Eric!

Wow, I need to be on here more often - I almost missed this AWESOME build!!! Wow, really great stuff Kev. :-) As for the pulls, black or patinated? Something not too shiny would be my opinion and something dark to offset from the wood.

Thanks Chop!  Pulls will be flat black and fairly basic.  The boss picked them out so, who am I to argue?

• Like 1

Thanks Chop!  Pulls will be flat black and fairly basic.  The boss picked them out so, who am I to argue?

Don't, you're likely to end up wearing the pulls ;-)  Simple dark pulls will showcase the wood, especially after it gets popped with the finish.

I'd vote for no hardware at all - instead I would route a small finger pull into the bottom edge of the top drawer and top edge of the bottom drawer.  That way you don't have any metal hardware distracting from the continuous vertical grain.   Just my unsolicited two cents :)

I'd vote for no hardware at all - instead I would route a small finger pull into the bottom edge of the top drawer and top edge of the bottom drawer.  That way you don't have any metal hardware distracting from the continuous vertical grain.   Just my unsolicited two cents :)

Interesting idea..  I might have to do some exploring of this option!

Interesting idea..  I might have to do some exploring of this option!

I like Mel's drawer idea for two reasons. First, the awesome symmetry it gives with the drawer fronts. Second, preserving the grain continuity that you worked hard to establish. Either way, knobs or not, the piece will look great.