Bed and Nightstands

..Kev

Thanks for the kind words.  I really wish it was as fast as you make it sound Wtnhighlander but, this one has taken me quite a while.  Nearly a month to turn these out..

Anyway, got the first coat of wipe on poly done. They will cure for the night and get a light sanding in the morning.  Then, they'll get 4 or 5 coats of General Finishes WB via HVLP..

bsyn.jpg

Awesome ! I knew those drawer front boards were going to really pop ! It did color up more than I would expect for just a coat of wipe on poly.

I was so glad my client opted for using 1/4 strength stain. 1/4 cup of stain added to 3/4 cup of stain base. Minwax natural would work this way for those of you who don't have access to a commercial finish supplier. I keep a gallon of the untinted stain base around just to dilute a stain that comes out too dark.

That said my personal preference is to let the wood speak for itself, on just enhance it a bit like TIDOS has done.

Awesome ! I knew those drawer front boards were going to really pop ! It did color up more than I would expect for just a coat of wipe on poly.

I was so glad my client opted for using 1/4 strength stain. 1/4 cup of stain added to 3/4 cup of stain base. Minwax natural would work this way for those of you who don't have access to a commercial finish supplier. I keep a gallon of the untinted stain base around just to dilute a stain that comes out too dark.

That said my personal preference is to let the wood speak for itself, on just enhance it a bit like TIDOS has done.

I've never done stains that way, thanks!