Dear woodworking

We are no longer friends. I just spent the last 2 hours cleaning out my dust collector that I overfilled. I blew all the dust out of my shop with my compressor. Then I cleaned out my air filter. Since I use the compressor so much for I don't know maybe a half hour straight. When I close my garage door it was in the way. So I go to move it and there's something in the way and my elbow hits the heatsink and now I have burns

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

We are no longer friends. I just spent the last 2 hours cleaning out my dust collector that I overfilled. I blew all the dust out of my shop with my compressor. Then I cleaned out my air filter. Since I use the compressor so much for I don't know maybe a half hour straight. When I close my garage door it was in the way. So I go to move it and there's something in the way and my elbow hits the heatsink and now I have burns

Tom, that sounds like a bad day in the shop....

Didn't get any woodworking done. Went out there to do some too....

sometimes shop maintenance is more important than production. It's always easier to work in a clean shop, but if the shop is going to fight you...

At least you're out there.  I actually had the day set aside for shop time...first day in weeks.  I worked this morning until the AC could no longer keep up with the scorching July misery and I gave up.  Why don't I finish insulating my shop you might ask?  Because I'm lazy, that's why.  So there.

Running the air compressor for 30 minutes? Do you not own a leaf blower? I run the leaf blower after every shop session. Takes about 30 seconds. Keeps everything spic and span.

The wife's car doesn't always appreciate it but ooh well

Leaf blower is in the shed in the back yard and it's gas. I generally don't run it unless I'm doing a full clean. This was an impromptu "ahh crap" moment. I have a 25 gallon compressor, and I was using it to clean the filters mainly. Only took 2 minutes to blow out the shop. I've thought about getting a bigger electric leaf blower for shop cleaning only.

Running the air compressor for 30 minutes? Do you not own a leaf blower? I run the leaf blower after every shop session. Takes about 30 seconds. Keeps everything spic and span.

The wife's car doesn't always appreciate it but ooh well

man that's a good idea... Consider it stolen :)

Oh shoot, (usually abbreviate that here, but this time, it calls for it). I saw the title of this post and thought you were going to pull a Particle Board (PB).
Glad to hear it's only a two hour mess that you have to contend with
I just bought a new shredder for the office and it has a kill switch when it gets too full. Dust collectors need those as well.

• Like 1

Oh shoot, (usually abbreviate that here, but this time, it calls for it). I saw the title of this post and thought you were going to pull a Particle Board (PB).

Glad to hear it's only a two hour mess that you have to contend with

I just bought a new shredder for the office and it has a kill switch when it gets too full. Dust collectors need those as well.

Some of the bigger cyclone systems have that. The top bag had a substantial amount in it. Totally sucked, lesson learned. Change bag early, don't try to squeeze one last board through the planer saying it's just a little bit, there's room.