"Shed" build

shaneymack

Haha! Im hittin it Tom Cancelleri style. I calculated if i knock this out as fast as Tom did that roubo i should have this done by sundown tomorrow.

Fyi, im a journeyman carpenter and i use to frame houses full time

I was just thinking. Shane builds sheds like I build Roubos.

Norm would be proud of the nail gun.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ya. If i said "tatas" then that would be all kinds of akward....

Glad we're on the same page.

Seems like 2 grown men are going to be stripping half nekked, looking each other over, and talking about their "tools". I think that's an awkward moment.

Shaney the sheds going to go quick, I was a journeyman carpenter for a few years myself, all I did was metal studs and drywall... Believe it or not I miss hanging drywall!

Well head on down to the Lou then and I'll hook you up...got a whole basement for you to do.  I won't even charge you to do it!  All yours for free!

will do, your screwing it off, and you better keep up :) screwing the board off is worse than standing up 12' boards in my opinion, but I was fast at it once my hand went to sleep and I couldn't feel the cramping anymore. Oh, and one word of advice, if you stick a screw into your finger, don't look at it until its out! It hurts less that way!

Missing hanging drywall? Dude, you're broken.

Why did you leave the trade?

the work situation went from slow to pretty much non-existing! It was kind of a wrong place, wrong time kinda deal. I think during the height of the slowdown I had been married about a year, and it wasn't getting better, so I got out and found a more steady job. I think the unions are a lot stronger up there, here it's like 70% nonunion, and after several disagreements with business agents, I'm honestly over the union thing.

the work situation went from slow to pretty much non-existing! It was kind of a wrong place, wrong time kinda deal. I think during the height of the slowdown I had been married about a year, and it wasn't getting better, so I got out and found a more steady job. I think the unions are a lot stronger up there, here it's like 70% nonunion, and after several disagreements with business agents, I'm honestly over the union thing.

Ya its 100% unionized here. I had to go to school for a year then have a 6000 hour apprenticeship. The average journeyman tradesman here that works fulltime is pulling in 75k a year with full pension and amazing benefits. I dont swing a hammer anymore but enjoyed it when i did.

Thats not in all of Canada, just Quebec. The rest of Canada is probably more like the US

the U.S. Is is more regional, not to make it a political thing, but that's exactly what it is. Where the unions backers are in power is where the unions are the strongest, Chicago is a good example. The whole issue for me was it's supposed to be about protecting the workers rights, and making sure the journeymen were squared away to do the job, but it always seemed to be politically focused, and if you had an issue with a contractor, well, the standard answer seemed to be that they couldn't do much about it, and all that time I thought the point of joining the union was so we get paid the right amount and got the benefits paid???
  • Like 1

So jealous. I want to do this as well. I think I can talk wife into a shed or repouring the garage floor, but both is going to require a massive raise or dramatic decrease in spending on my part.

Hmmm...might be the time to ebay the dork collection there homey. :D

• Like 1

So jealous. I want to do this as well. I think I can talk wife into a shed or repouring the garage floor, but both is going to require a massive raise or dramatic decrease in spending on my part.

If you had 4 kids, your wife would be down with a massive shed as well. Our driveway and front yard is littered with bikes and trikes, electric car, road hockey stuff, balls etc, etc, etc. This shed is going to do some good. I dont think it will be as easy for you to convince her you need a shed for your comics and toys....
  • Like 1

If you had 4 kids, your wife would be down with a massive shed as well. Our driveway and front yard is littered with bikes and trikes, electric car, road hockey stuff, balls etc, etc, etc. This shed is going to do some good. I dont think it will be as easy for you to convince her you need a shed for your comics and toys....

if kids are the secret to shed, then shedless I shall remain!

Hmmm...might be the time to ebay the dork collection there homey. :D

Are you kidding me? I'm totally the coolest kid on the block...  see....

post-17490-0-23306200-1437357740_thumb.j