"Shed" build

shaneymack

16x8 is only four sheets... Don't tell people you couldn't lift it, tell them you couldn't plumb it properly.

That actually would have been impossible. Even if i would have really forced to lift it i would have been stuck in the middle with no way to brace it....

You should have left interior systems for comedy. You're hilarious.

We will see if i can get these trusses up. Just doubling my plates and will start lifting trusses soon.....

I have a feeling there was a touch of sarcasm to this comment? Watch Marc's shop build video for a good idea about setting trusses by hand, of course you'll need to add a few things but I think it's manageable by yourself if you have no options. Good luck Shane.

I have a feeling there was a touch of sarcasm to this comment? Watch Marc's shop build video for a good idea about setting trusses by hand, of course you'll need to add a few things but I think it's manageable by yourself if you have no options. Good luck Shane.

No i was lmao....no sarcasm.

No need to watch the video, ive done it a few times in the years i was framing. Much prefer the crane though. Almosy have them all up. Pics to come.

No i was lmao....no sarcasm.

No need to watch the video, ive done it a few times in the years i was framing. Much prefer the crane though. Almosy have them all up. Pics to come.

glad somebody laughs at my jokes, the wife just gives me a look like she is either tired of hearing my B.S. or she is having a stroke? Your a freakin' animal man! Are the they 16" o.c. or 24"?

glad somebody laughs at my jokes, the wife just gives me a look like she is either tired of hearing my B.S. or she is having a stroke? Your a freakin' animal man! Are the they 16" o.c. or 24"?

Haha. Ya they think we are hilarious untill we marry them. Then it all changes...

24" o.c

• Like 1

Did you build the trusses or buy them pre-fab? When I built my shed I made mine from scratch, and it was the worst. Of course I was never a framer by trade...

I was going to get all fancy and frame out some rafters because I thought it would be fun. When i came to my senses, i ordered them. When i built my dads i made his trusses. It went well. Built the floor. Chalked out my truss form and made the floor into a giant jig. Once the jig was done it went fast. Made ply gusset plates. Much easier to just order for 24$ each!!

When I built my wife's craft building, by the time I was ready to put the decking on, my help had gone for the day, so it was just the wife and I. I screwed a small length of 2x to the long edge of the ply, where it would fit between the rafters and screwed an eyebolt into the 2x. I took a rope and threw it across the ridge board to the other side and had my wife keep tension on the rope as I lifted the sheet upon the roof. It worked out well.

• Like 1

Great progress. Great looking pooch, he looks like he is thinking of a couple things. 1) hey when is my dog mansion going to be finished or 2) did you happen to get the bone I buried before you built my doggie mansion.

Nah, she is just waitng for me to turn my head for one second so she can jump the fence and run and have me go and find her. She is annoying with that.